Popsicles: were you a orange, purple or red? 2/8

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/frozen-choices/?e=3F2AGqVu

I like this website...she is quirky and fun gal! Some of her ideas are cool like this one today. If you love fresh but it is not available (my Farmer's Market is closed till spring) or you are afraid will waste your fresh veggies why not try frozen!
Now I don't mean frozen brussel sprouts with butter sauce...I mean just plain frozen brussel sprouts!
The frozen aisle is more then just pizza, ready made meals, cakes, ice cream and whipped topping!

CHALLENGE:
Look at the vast amounts of frozen vegetables and fruits available to you! Buy some!
Add frozen veggies to your canned soups at work when nuke in microwave for an extra serving, add some to your other frozen meals if you eat them(they often don't give you enough veggies) or make wonderful smoothies with the frozen fruits or salsas even (mango salsa!)

Peace,
WW

Replies

• MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on the frozen vegetables!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love my frozen veggies. I cook just for me so fresh stuff tends to go bad before I get to it. A lot of the time frozen veggies or fruits can be cheaper too. Healthy doesn't have to be expensive.

BTW- I was an orange popsicle.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I do use frozen - all the time; big bags of organic frozen veggies from Costco are much cheaper than the very small and pricey one's at my grocery store. And we always have frozen berries. My kids love to eat either frozen blue berries, or, wait for it, frozen green peas as their go-to treats on those hot summer days. Go figure.

I have no idea what color popcicle I am since, if that was a survey or something, its gone now. I like lime popcicles.

Did anyone see the ads for PB2? I saw that the other day in the grocery store and it was sold at in less than a week. I do wonder what it tastes like and whats in it? Anyone know?
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I want to start doing some smoothies to mix it up. If you have some great recipes - I love fruit!!

Popcicle - if those are my choices, I was totally red. however, my parents were super nice to us and my favorites were the rootbeer and banana (back then they actually tasted like rootbeer and banance -- now they don't).
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I want to start doing some smoothies to mix it up. If you have some great recipes - I love fruit!!

Popcicle - if those are my choices, I was totally red. however, my parents were super nice to us and my favorites were the rootbeer and banana (back then they actually tasted like rootbeer and banance -- now they don't).

I remember banana and rootbeer actually tasting like they should.

My smoothie go-to recipe is super simple:
    berries or fruit (whatever you like)
    plain yogurt
    little bit of milk
    cinnamon (depending on fruit or berries used)

Also:
    bananas
    raspberries
    peanut butter
    water or milk to thin it down
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I steam frozen veggies regularly. I do not even pad them with butter anymore. If you love garlic it is a wonderful flavor booster.