Personal Milestones!

Options
13»

Replies

• ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Front squat - 75lbs
    I can't believe how far I've come in a month. A month ago I could do an air squat without shaking. I had to modify an air squat! Today? I did air squats unassisted and added a bunch of weight.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    10 strict pull ups
    100 straight pushups
    5k run under 25 min.

under 25 mins is fabulous - wow. i've been hanging around 33mins or so for a while. need to drop some weight/push or something. excellent!
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    10 strict pull ups
    100 straight pushups
    5k run under 25 min.

under 25 mins is fabulous - wow. i've been hanging around 33mins or so for a while. need to drop some weight/push or something. excellent!

I'm not there yet. My daughter has picked up running @ college and is running 7 min. miles up to 7 miles. Shamed the old man to stepping it up. Nice profile pic, not much hockey down here in Texas.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    We did this last night:
    Resting 60 seconds between sets:
    Bench Press 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2, then…
    Run 1 mile for time

For the bench I did, 295,315,335,340,345,350,345,335,325,315.
    Couldn't run the mile but rowed 2000 meters instead in 7:58 min. before we benched.

I'm tired this morning and tonight we have:
    Snatch progression practice

“Bradshaw”

10 rounds for time of:
    3 Handstand push-ups
    225 pound Deadlift, 6 reps
    12 Pull-ups
    24 Double-unders

Why can't you do the mile? A sub 8min 2k is pretty quick

I rowed 2k because I pulled a hamstring and couldn't run the mile.
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I'd love to be able to do a strict pull up, for some reason I can't and it's so frustrating.

I'd love to be able to do 50 DU without hitting my toes/shins and having to start over.

I've mastered the 20 & 24 inch boxes and would love to hit 30.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    My personal milestone for this week - just making it through this week! Coaches went 100s crazy for the week and every WOD was 100 of multiple things, it was pretty Epic and I did pretty well on all of them. I felt really good after all this :)
  • Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Front squat - 75lbs
    I can't believe how far I've come in a month. A month ago I could do an air squat without shaking. I had to modify an air squat! Today? I did air squats unassisted and added a bunch of weight.

Wow, that is mighty! A big change to be proud of
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options

I rowed 2k because I pulled a hamstring and couldn't run the mile.

I don't have the power lifting background you do and was pretty hamstring weary M was lunges, T back squats, W clean and jerk. Yesterday was run a mile, 2k row, 200 double unders and some other stuff...legs weren't happy campers but my time was pretty competitive for our box
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    I'd love to be able to do a strict pull up, for some reason I can't and it's so frustrating.

I'd love to be able to do 50 DU without hitting my toes/shins and having to start over.

You mentioned you're 5'10" right? I bet you'll hit that 30" box soon if its a goal. I'm jealous of anything like 50 DUs in a row. My shins scream bloody murder at 20
  • littlehokie
    Options

You mentioned you're 5'10" right? I bet you'll hit that 30" box soon if its a goal. I'm jealous of anything like 50 DUs in a row. My shins scream bloody murder at 20

Yep! the height works in my favor for the jumping stuff but no so much on the other stuff. lol I was also a high jumper in HS.
  • Sasquatchrider
    Options
    I'm not tall...between 5'8" and 5'9 and 219lbs. My max box jump is 38" and anything taller looks kind of intimidating. We've got a couple guys who did 49" this week....not this kid.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I was able to strict press 200lbs yesterday. I'm happy about that.
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    I got over my fear of 20 inch box jumps last week. I hurt myself doing box jumps earlier last year, and had a mental block about them... until last week. Yay!

I totally understand about having a mental block with box jumps!
  • littlehokie
    Options
    I'm not tall...between 5'8" and 5'9 and 219lbs. My max box jump is 38" and anything taller looks kind of intimidating. We've got a couple guys who did 49" this week....not this kid.

omg. yeah it's totally mental
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Did 7 sets of 3 strict reps on push press last night. I did 185,195,205,215,225 for a single,195,185,185. They were doing front squats for 7 sets of 3 but my hamstring isn't ready. Instructor said do push press. I thought I did pretty good. Would like to be able to do my body weight of 240 for a strict rep.
  • kelr0110
    Options
    My push press was 55# last month, went for the Rx today with 65# on all for this WOD:
    Reps - 21-15-9
    Push press
    Sumo deadlift highpulls
    lunges with the bar on your shoulders

super proud to be able to get an Rx on this :)

Have an awesome friday!!!!!!!!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    My push press was 55# last month, went for the Rx today with 65# on all for this WOD:
    Reps - 21-15-9
    Push press
    Sumo deadlift highpulls
    lunges with the bar on your shoulders

super proud to be able to get an Rx on this :)

Have an awesome friday!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on RX. I would love to be able to RX everything, thats my short term goal. Still struggling with Kiplings ,DU and OHP(shoulder issues).
  • kelr0110
    Options
    Thanks! :)

Yesterday we did deadlift one max reps for everyone to find their number. Some girls did way more than mine, but I was pleased with my 193# OMR. Some other females had more and less of course - one girl had a 235# - totally impressed. Did any of you girls do this yet?

Today was introduced to "Helen" - 14:06 - felt draggy. UGH - still stuck on ring rows for majority of pullups, but did 6 pullups with a band today - 6 more than ever before so i'll take it LOL.

What you guys got lately?