Just joined - intro

Options
aml1676
aml1676 Posts: 2 Member
Thanks for inviting me to join! My name is Amanda, and I've been on MFP for about a year and a half, losing the same 15 or so lbs. Just this past week I started following a plant-based diet; I've been thinking about going veg for a long time, and it seems like now is as good a time as any.

I'm 37, single, and live on the SW side of Indy. I really despise most forms of exercise - the only thing I've found that I really enjoy, that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out, is yoga. I have been away from a regular practice for about a year, though, and I'm hoping to get back to it soon. I do walk a bit - mostly at the pace my dog sets, though I enjoy doing 5K charity walks.

I also wear a Fitbit One every day; if anyone wants to be "Fitbit friends", please let me know! I work a pretty sedentary desk job, so I struggle to get more than 5,000 steps in each day without taking the dog for a walk... I try to schedule a couple of "meetings" during my day to get away from my desk and walk 1/2 a mile or so, which seems to help.

Looking forward to participating in the group!

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me to join! My name is Amanda, and I've been on MFP for about a year and a half, losing the same 15 or so lbs.
    I'm 37, single, and live on the SW side of Indy. I really despise most forms of exercise - the only thing I've found that I really enjoy, that doesn't make me want to stab my eyes out, is yoga. ...
    Looking forward to participating in the group!

Welcome to the group Amanda, and we look forward to your participation! LOL on the exercise making you want to "stab your eyes out"...
  • jadedangel711
    jadedangel711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group,Amanda. I just joined this group,also. My name is Leona and I live in Anderson. I
    I play roller derby and like to swim. I also walk in charity walks and walked the Mini Marathon.
    I try to make it fun.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Welcome :smile:
  • bbrown148
    bbrown148 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! Hubby and I just started a plant-based diet as well — 4 weeks into and doing well and feeling great. I sent you a friend request!