Insane Cravings

Options
So, i've been splurging waaay too much for the past two weeks. I work as a custodian at a school (very physical!) and I get a free breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast is usually either a power bar (almost 300 cal and 22g sugar) or banana bread (200 cal 10g sugar). and lunch varies greatly (but is usually pretty high in calories).

I tend to pack a lunch as well or at least snacks and/or eat before leaving in the morning, but the smell of the food and the ready availability of it is too hard for me to say no to. Maybe I just need more self-discipline?

Anywho, how do you guys deal with your cravings?

*Note: Also, I have looked up online how to deal with cravings and there weren't really any satisfactory answers. Some cravings do subside, but for the most part I'm really struggling with them (sugar is my biggest problem).

Replies

• angelcop74
    angelcop74 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    What sort of snacks do you take with you? If you can eat something really filling like oatmeal before work, and when the food comes out chew sugarless gum. Then snack on thkngs with natural sugar like apples with peanut butter, or oranges. I also love greek yogurt as a snack because it tastes sort of dessert like to me. I have a big problem with sweets and i usually indulge with frozen greek yogurt, or kashi fiber cookies, but apples amd peanut butter REALLY are sweet and fill you up!
  • penguinattackstudios
    Options
    I generally take fruit with me; sometimes peanuts or sunflower seeds, stuff like that. I've been trying the gum thing like you said though, it certainly helps with the taste cravings, but doesn't really leave me satisfied. The other problem I have with snacks is that I have to be careful with how many calories they are or I'm lefty hungry in the evening. Frozen yogurt is delicious! But again doesn't really feel....filling. I may try the apples and peanut butter though, that sounds pretty good.