February 8, 2013

Options
espi180
espi180 Posts: 80 Member
Joshua 24:15 (NIV)

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

We're in a fight for our lives in this forum. We come here to try and figure out how to better our health through the help and advice of others in this community. I read this passage and think of the many who come here with the hopes of turning things around. They can. But a choice must be made.

Just as we must in our spiritual lives choose whether we will serve the Lord, or turn back to the ways of our ancestors, so we must choose in this physical life how we will live it.

Will we continue to give in to the ways that guarantee destruction to our bodies, or will we choose a way which is, yes, strict and demands much, but will give us life, vitality, and good health?

The choice really is ours. What is yours?

Replies

• mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So true. Time to repair what the locusts have eaten and repair the temple. Even if you don't choose to get healthier the point is that you did choose.

Joel 2:25 (NIV)
    “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm— my great army that I sent among you.

We can be that army to help each other!

1 Corinthians 6:19
    Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

What are you doing with what He has given?
  • MiguelX66
    MiguelX66 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

"today, I choose ... "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEBEKVEv4Hs
  • espi180
    espi180 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great song.