Team Bob- Week 5 Challenge

Options
6mimi
6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
Welcome to a new weekly challenge Team Bob! Woo hoo!!!! Let’s get started!:tongue:

:heart: For a workout challenge, we are going to work on creating a strong core. Please go to:
http://oxygenmag.com/Training/Articles/Strong-Core-Workout.aspx

Here you will find a great video showing you fantastic moves to get our core strong! Let’s do this workout daily!

:heart: For our food challenge please first read the article at:
http://oxygenmag.com/Nutrition/Articles/Are-You-a-Mindless-Eater.aspx
the team!
Then, decide if you are a mindless eater, what type are you (there is a list of them in that article) and let us know what you are doing or are planning to do to stop that mindless eating behavior!

Log on here daily to let us all know that you did your core workout and how you are doing with your mindless eating plan. Also, please add any suggestions you may have for mindless eating. Have you found something that works good for you? Share it with the team!

Have a happy, healthy week team!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 6mimi
    Options
    I have decided I am a hormonal and an emotional mindless eater.

There are a couple of days in the month I feel like I need to eat everything in sight due to hormones. I also want to eat when I am stressed or bored. I am thinking I could plan ahead for the hormonal part by having some healthy meals frozen and ready to go so I am not as tempted with eating processed foods. Maybe I will make a sign for the fridge to put up when I feel those days coming that says "Your are not hungry... it is just hormones!!" :laugh:

For my emotional eating I will try to chew gum or drink water if I am bored and cannot change what I am doing at the time, up my exercise to lessen stress, and do some yoga/meditation to help with stress. Any other suggestions?:happy:
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater, over the past year I figured out what helps, I chew gum! MINTY gum and or brush my teeth with minty tooth paste and that helps me for a while and I also go for a walk, workout and call a friend. Its been better now that I have a plain.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    You are right Carrie... a plan can make a world of difference! I need to work on my plan. Maybe I will make an emergency pack with your suggestions of minty gum and an extra toothbrush/paste.
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    I bought 3-packs of very minty gum today, and I also bought all every thing I need to make the pasta dish we learned at the expo and I'm trying it out on my husband and son tonight, I am putting grape tomato's in place of pine nuts[my son is allergic to nuts of all kinds and all beans too] I may also put in black olives.:smile:
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    I just did the workout video on the web site you gave us ,I was able to do all but the last exercise, I didn't want to wake Eric. I have done that one before. Great ab workout!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I bought 3-packs of very minty gum today, and I also bought all every thing I need to make the pasta dish we learned at the expo and I'm trying it out on my husband and son tonight, I am putting grape tomato's in place of pine nuts[my son is allergic to nuts of all kinds and all beans too] I may also put in black olives.:smile:

Let me know how it turns out and how your family likes it!:happy:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I just did the workout video on the web site you gave us ,I was able to do all but the last exercise, I didn't want to wake Eric. I have done that one before. Great ab workout!!

Great job done Carrie! I am going to hit mine later today too. All that on top of a kettlebell workout.... You are going to be making some great muscle and have a strong core!
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Nice workout. I did it but only one rep each. I will set out a little time to do the 3 reps as suggested tomorrow.

I am an emotional and hormonal eater. For the most part I have dumped out all of the "good" stuff. I don't keep things around that myself or Tina like that isn't healthy. The crackers and chips were replaced with things that we can eat a large portion of and still be ok, like popcorn. I have been trying their suggested fix for hormonal eating for years, lol. No help :)
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am a distracted eater and a hormonal eater. I need to put locks on the food when I am on the phone :-)

Really, I just need to plan my meals out in advance so I eat only at meal time and don't snack when on a conference call.

For the hormone eating, I think that I need to become a man to fix that one :-)

The workout is good, but I can only do that on days that I don't have other core work. Thanks for sharing!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Nice workout. I did it but only one rep each. I will set out a little time to do the 3 reps as suggested tomorrow.

I am an emotional and hormonal eater. For the most part I have dumped out all of the "good" stuff. I don't keep things around that myself or Tina like that isn't healthy. The crackers and chips were replaced with things that we can eat a large portion of and still be ok, like popcorn. I have been trying their suggested fix for hormonal eating for years, lol. No help :)

I agree bokatok, it is a very good idea to just not keep those unhealthy trigger foods around. You have found some great foods that are a much better for you and won't pack on the pounds. I can't keep milk chocolate chips, cookies, or nutella in the house. I still need to try that 100 calorie popcorn you told me about. I see it in your diaries all the time!:tongue:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I am a distracted eater and a hormonal eater. I need to put locks on the food when I am on the phone :-)

Really, I just need to plan my meals out in advance so I eat only at meal time and don't snack when on a conference call.

For the hormone eating, I think that I need to become a man to fix that one :-)

The workout is good, but I can only do that on days that I don't have other core work. Thanks for sharing!

I can just see you now, talking on the phone and munching away!:laugh: Planning is a huge part of staying on track. I've really noticed that for me too.

I don't think we will turn you into a man...:laugh: so you might just have to deal with the hormonal eating. I haven't found a good fix for that one either. :noway:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I don't remember, was there a tired eater in the article? I find that whenever I am really exhausted and can not rest I feel like I have to eat. Do you all have any suggestions for that?
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Ha! Now I'm wondering if there is a Migraine mindless eating article out there somewhere. So, to narrow this down... I mindlessly munch when I am tired, hormones are fluctuating, am emotional or have a migraine. Gosh, I really need to work on this. :frown:

I got in my core workout today. I only did one rep of each, but at least got it in.

On a totally unrelated note... My daughter got the job she wanted at Power House Gym today! She starts tomorrow.... Woo Hoo!:wink: Also, my color run t-shirt came in the mail today. My son's fits him but mine ran really small. I can't decide if I should return it for a larger sizes or keep it until I shrink. :ohwell:

I hope you all had a terrific day!
  • tarynalyssa
    Options
    I am a very emotional and hormonal eater, especially at that particular time of month I just cannot stay away from junk food and chocolate cake! Its a horrible habit but since starting MFP again I have not had any bad habits! Even the other day at work when Id normally just grab a bag of chips I opted for an apple! I was very proud of myself :)

I did an ab challenge on demand tonight for 45 minutes and it was really tough! I have pretty strong abs just from doing gymnastics for 20 years, so many of the exercises are too simple but this one challenged me! Def look into on demand workouts they offer a great variety for all levels and any time frame :)

Go team bob
  • 6mimi
    Options
    That is great that you are making much healthier choices during those trigger times for you! High five! I didn't know you had all that gymnastics history....I'll bet you do have a strong core! I am happy you found a video that was able to challenge you. Way to go!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow. I think I have been all of those types of eaters at one point or another. Especially the mindless and hearty eater... lethal combination. :frown:
    My saddest/worst type of eater was the Pregnant eater...it was the best excuse for me to gorge freely. ugh. I did that for about 19 months with only about five months in between.

I know I'm good if I don't keep those dangerous items around and I plan out meals and snacks. It is definitely hard work, but I feel so much better. Oh, and no more babies.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Wow. I think I have been all of those types of eaters at one point or another. Especially the mindless and hearty eater... lethal combination. :frown:
    My saddest/worst type of eater was the Pregnant eater...it was the best excuse for me to gorge freely. ugh. I did that for about 19 months with only about five months in between.

I know I'm good if I don't keep those dangerous items around and I plan out meals and snacks. It is definitely hard work, but I feel so much better. Oh, and no more babies.

I can totally relate! I am a foodie so I enjoy eating good food just for the fun of it. Much of our vacations seem to revolve around food. It is definitely something to think about and decide how to handle differently. You are absolutely right about not keeping it around. You can't eat what you don't have. Also, like you said, planning is so important!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    My exercise burn for today was 794!:bigsmile: I'll have to kick butt to catch up with some of you for the challenge... but there is still tomorrow. Great job team!
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    2/9
    I burned 1217 calories doing 95 minutes of exercise.
    2/10
    I'm so tired this morning, I didn't sleep well last night. I found out that my brother has had a stroke and is in the hospital. I will try to do something today but not sure what.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    That was a fantastic burn yesterday Carrie! I've been thinking of you and your family all night. I hope all is well an you get more information today. :heart: You!!