Shakeology or BodybyVI? need a jump start

Options
sadanski
sadanski Posts: 21 Member
Any one try these meal replacement shakes or any kind of the sort... Thought a month detox (not the only water kind veg and fruit and low fat no red meat) and some shakes would kick start some weight loss... Id love any info on shakes or kick start weight loss...

Replies

• Anwables
    Options
    I have tried the body by vi shakes.. they are soooo yummy... taste like a cup cake. I mixed mine with chocolate milk and coffee for a frapee flavor. my husband out tons of berries in his. They worked.. i lost 15 lbs the first month. They sell other things to like stuff for ur water and what not. If you dont know anyone who sells it my cousin sells it and it can be shipped to you. She started doing it after she lost 60 lbs doing it. i highly recommend it .. I only did one meal a day. She did 2 meals a day.. it recommends doing 2 meals a day.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I never feel satisfied after a shake. They do taste good but I feel if I eat more healthier foods I feel more full and complete. It makes me crave less.
  • Shanekhyl
    Options
    I agree that I never feel satisfied when just having a shake... I'm only new to all of this but shakes didn't work for me in the past, however, some are really yummy... Good luck though with your detox you will feel fabulous after!!!
  • aladams83
    Options
    I prefer Shakeology. I've been drinking it for a year now. I started after a Full ACL repair in Jan 2012 and the first month I lost 12 lbs. I still drink it for breakfast Mon-Fri and its delicious. Message me if you want anymore info. I don't want to try to pitch anythign to anyone. I have tried the BodybyVI and it smelled amazing but for me... the taste just didn't match the smell... Hope this helps a bit.
  • LGinSoCal
    LGinSoCal Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Any one try these meal replacement shakes or any kind of the sort... Thought a month detox (not the only water kind veg and fruit and low fat no red meat) and some shakes would kick start some weight loss... Id love any info on shakes or kick start weight loss...

You should read the ingredients list to make your decision. I use Shakeology but your mileage might vary.
  • danieve66
    danieve66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tried Shakeology & they really filled me up. Got rid of my sweet cravings. Decided it was too much and gave ViSalus shakes a try. They don't fill me up for very long & they trigger sweet cravings. Doing the 2 shakes a day vs. 1 a day with Shakeology Vi isn't much cheaper. I've since quit ViSalus & signed up with Shakeology as a coach. If you need a Shakeology & Beachbody coach I'm more than happy to hook you up.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I used ideal image the others were out of my price range, but I didn't use it for long because I realized I was under eating pretty drastically... So now I stick with my protein shakes and may use a meal"replacement" at night like a multivitamin lol.
    But I've heard great things about Shakeology in general I would have used it if I could have afforded it at the time.
    I'd just recommend being careful with meal replacements especially if u plan on working out.
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology almost everyday but not as a replacement- just a main breakfast staple along with egg whites or grapefruit. Overall, along with a healthier almost paleo diet, , it's improved my digestion and energy. When I compared it to others, it has the most natural and healthiest ingredients. Plus, I really love my chocolate shake. I can't help it- it's the closest thing to a milkshake I'll ever have :)
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm a shakeology lover, I have it for either breakfast or lunch; I add banana, peanut butter and a cup of spinach and I stay full until it's time for me to eat my snack......
    It has completely helped with my massive mood swings, my chocolate cravings and honestly I eat healthier when I have my shake! =)
    I haven't tried the Body by Vi but you can compare the products. I know there are alot of websites out there that show you the differences between the 2 and to me Shakeology just seemed better!!! =)
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Look at the ingredients

Body by Vi has artificial sweeteners in where Shakeology does not. I haven't tried Body By Vi but I have tried several others and Shakeology is the only one that keep me full and that I look forward to drinking. I love the Chocolate!! love love love the chocolate!
    I have tried the strawberry and like it and the vegan chocolate is okay.

I started drinking it 70+ days ago almost every day and the amount of energy I have now is amazing.. sure it is "meal replacement" but if you don’t add stuff in it really isn't. 1 scoop is only 160 calories and that is most snacks.
    my go to shake is 1 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology, 2 cups of almond milk and 2 tbsp of Fresh ground peanut butter.. hello Reese’s cup.
    I am a coach so if you have any question I can answer them or find the answer.

Something about Body by Vi and the others is they don't emphazie you have to eat healhty and workout to my knowledge. I have read about them and they seem to say you can take there shakes 2-3 times a day and get healthy without leaving the couch. That is strictly my opinion. We all know on here that you have toeat healhty and move!
  • melissalaman
    Options
    I have a comparison chart but cant get it to post. Email or FB me and I can send it to you.
    laman_melissa@hotmail.com or Melissa Stewart Laman
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    have used slim fast successfully in the past. am using it now. tried to switch to costco's kirkland budget "compare to" version. started craving carbs. read the label realized it had double the sugar all other things being equal. went back to slim fast. doing fine now.

so that's all I know.

slim fast good
    kirkland weight loss shakes bad.

unga bunga

(sorry but the hubby's watching some weird eating video with cavemen and a cavewoman with a rock in her hand showing all their ape faced hairy nether regions glory.) creepy. No way he's gonna convince me THAT"S better than slim fast. That is not a body image I aspire to.
  • danieve66
    danieve66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did some shakeology & really liked the product but thought it was too expensive.

I tried ViSalus & they triggered my sweet cravings. It was crazy. I think it was the artificial sweeteners. When I did the math, 2 shakes a day for ViSalus vs. 1 shake a day for Shakeology, the difference is minimal.

I'm back to Shakeology & doing so much better. Love it so much I signed on as a coach. Shakeology, Turbo Jam & Rockin' Body & the weight is finally starting to come off. I have so much more energy now. I feel like a new person!