Recovery Week Update

Options
Well here I am in the middle of my recovery week; week 5 of Insanity program. While I'm definitely stronger and have better endurance, I'm not seeing the amazing results like some people see. I still haven't lost any weight since starting this program, and I've only lost about an inch off my waist. I'm not following the nutrition plan but have been tracking what I eat and eating better. Should I be concerned? Will all of the improvements start in month 2? Or perhaps the only way for me to get results is to suck it up and do the nutrition plan? Not gonna lie...I'll be frustrated if I don't drop weight (or at least inches) after this program.

For those on their recovery week right now....what's your update?

Replies

• Christabiss
    Options
    In the words of Shaun T, "Come on y'all......LET'S GOOOO!!"

Where is everyone? Hopefully you're still doing the program...

I just did measurements and lost 1.5 from my waist and 1 from my belly. So I guess I'm on the right track but will try to follow the nutrition guide more in month two.
  • azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I posted a couple weeks ago and never seen a response... I dunno, maybe Insanity 2013 fizzled out? I posted my fit test results. I don't follow the insanity food plan, but I try to keep my macros at 40/30/30 C/P/F. I don't have my exact measurements from day 1 to now, but I recently compared measurements and I have lost a couple in my waist and a small amount from my arms/hips/thighs and such. I can see a clear difference in the mirror. My size 10 pants that I bought a month ago (12/24ish) are a little looser, but the scale teases me with staying the same at anywhere from 148.6-150. Its quite frustrating, but I just keep trying to kill the workouts. I ate "badly" for 3 days when we went to Disney a few weeks ago but otherwise I track religiously. I recently upped my calorie intake and I haven't seen any negative effects.

With all that said, I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and have had 2 increases in my Synthroid in the past couple months. I start a new dose tomorrow...112 mcgs. Every time I get my bloodwork done, my numbers still suck, lol. I try to not let that get into my head as a reason why I'm not losing weight. This is the first exercise program that I've ever been this committed to besides training for a 5k last spring. I'm trying to keep faith that my body will finally start showing more of a loss on the scale. I will say there are so many NSVs to be had with Insanity and those keep me going!

I'm at the end of the 2 week of the 2nd month. I workout 4 days a week. I don't workout on the days I go work as I get up at 4am and get home at 715pm and am on my feet most of the day. So, when the calender says "rest day" I do a workout as I consider one of my days at work during the week a rest day from Insanity.
  • Christabiss
    Options
    I posted a couple weeks ago and never seen a response... I dunno, maybe Insanity 2013 fizzled out? I posted my fit test results. I don't follow the insanity food plan, but I try to keep my macros at 40/30/30 C/P/F. I don't have my exact measurements from day 1 to now, but I recently compared measurements and I have lost a couple in my waist and a small amount from my arms/hips/thighs and such. I can see a clear difference in the mirror. My size 10 pants that I bought a month ago (12/24ish) are a little looser, but the scale teases me with staying the same at anywhere from 148.6-150. Its quite frustrating, but I just keep trying to kill the workouts. I ate "badly" for 3 days when we went to Disney a few weeks ago but otherwise I track religiously. I recently upped my calorie intake and I haven't seen any negative effects.

With all that said, I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and have had 2 increases in my Synthroid in the past couple months. I start a new dose tomorrow...112 mcgs. Every time I get my bloodwork done, my numbers still suck, lol. I try to not let that get into my head as a reason why I'm not losing weight. This is the first exercise program that I've ever been this committed to besides training for a 5k last spring. I'm trying to keep faith that my body will finally start showing more of a loss on the scale. I will say there are so many NSVs to be had with Insanity and those keep me going!

I'm at the end of the 2 week of the 2nd month. I workout 4 days a week. I don't workout on the days I go work as I get up at 4am and get home at 715pm and am on my feet most of the day. So, when the calender says "rest day" I do a workout as I consider one of my days at work during the week a rest day from Insanity.

Thanks for resonding azrrt76! I'm guessing you're right that things fizzled, which is a shame since I'm trying to stay motivated and enjoyed the idea of a group. And I agree that there are plenty of NSV with this program. I'm also trying to keep those in mind when the scale numbers disappoint....

I start month 2 today and I'm definitely scared of what Shaun has in store for me! Good luck with week 3 of month 2, and stay in touch!
  • azrrt76
    Options
    I hope month two is going well for you! Did you do the fit test and max interval circuit back to back? It about killed me, LOL :)

I do my next fit test on Saturday...and its paired, yet again with Max interval circuit. cant.wait. NOT! I'm actually starting to get excited about finishing up this program and starting P90X/Insanity Hybrid. I'm really looking forward to hopefully building up some muscle and losing more BF. I want to keep up with the insanity workouts because I feel like I've really built up some endurance and I'd rather not lose that, ya know.

Well, I hope things are great! Update us soon!
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Yes I did the Fit Test and Max Interval back to back. I have volleyball on Monday nights too, so I stopped mid-video to play volleyball for two hours, then came back and finished max interval. I was SOOO cranky and tired the next day (and sore). Took until yesterday to fully recover! The Max Recovery yesterday sure showed me how weak I still am in my arms. The low plank/high plank killed me. Hurt to put on a shirt today arms are so sore :)

Looking forward to finish up too, and wondering what to do next. Definitely don't want to lose the muscle I've gained so far! Are you doing Insanity Asylum, or just re-doing Insanity and adding in the P90X?
  • azrrt76
    Options
    Yes I did the Fit Test and Max Interval back to back. I have volleyball on Monday nights too, so I stopped mid-video to play volleyball for two hours, then came back and finished max interval. I was SOOO cranky and tired the next day (and sore). Took until yesterday to fully recover! The Max Recovery yesterday sure showed me how weak I still am in my arms. The low plank/high plank killed me. Hurt to put on a shirt today arms are so sore :)

Looking forward to finish up too, and wondering what to do next. Definitely don't want to lose the muscle I've gained so far! Are you doing Insanity Asylum, or just re-doing Insanity and adding in the P90X?

I'm probably going to do regular Insanity and P90X together as a hybrid. I've printed some schedules of the internet on how they should be combined.

Today I had the fit test/max interval again. I felt better than I did last time I did it, but it still kicked my *kitten*. I had all improved numbers on my fit test except for push-up jacks, but I think maybe I was going farther down on my push-up than last time. Its hard to say cuz push-ups are not my strong-suit.

I'm happy I'm down to my last two weeks. Pushing play was hard for me today....but I did it and now am happy I did. I wasn't my normal chipper, happy to be working out self though. I'm sure its just circumstantial though. Hopefully I'll be more energetic tomorrow!!!

I hope things are well with you still!

ETA: the low-plank/high-plank killed me! I kept up ok with the workout during that phase, however....it freaking hurt just to breath the next day!!!! That workout is far from my favorite, lol.
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Well, I ordered P90X! Thanks for the advice, as I think I'll do a hybrid too, but instead of Insanity I'm going to be running. I signed up for a 10K and will need to start training if I want to be ready in time. Are you now on your last week of Insanity? If so, that's awesome! It's hard to believe I only have two weeks left and that I will actually FINISH a program :) I was super happy yesterday when it was Core Cardio and Balance and today is a rest day. Looking forward to the break. Well have a great week, and let me know your final results when you're done with Insanity!!
  • azrrt76
    Options
    I'm so ready to be done with this program. I am just ready to move on to some lifting! I've been working overtime and still don't work out on days I work, so I'm only off 3 days instead of 4 each of these past two weeks. I don't follow the rest days on the schedule because of that reason...If I did that I'd never finish, LOL!

I'm officially on the last week now so I'll be doing my final fit test most likely on March 6th....unless I get a workout or two done on days I work. That could happen if I have a particularly slow day, but with it being peak viral season, that is unlikely!

I'm so excited you ordered P90X! I was tempted to put one in today, but I have to make myself finish Insanity first, LOL! I'll be so mad at myself if I don't just finish it!
  • Christabiss
    Options
    I am also officially on my last week! I will finish the day before we leave for our vacation. It's a skiing trip, so I'm interested to see how much my stamina has improved with all the "ski jumps" I've been doing :) I'm ready to move to something else too. I had a hard time this past week for some reason. I had no energy and did really badly on the videos (the worst since even starting Insanity!). I think it's because I pushed myself hard on Monday, and couldn't get "insane" again until Friday. The fit test plus exercise kills me every time. Good thing I don't have to do it again!

We leave the day I'm supposed to do the final fit test, so I'll have to do it when I get back. I'll let you know my final numbers then. Have a great last week of Insanity!
  • azrrt76
    Options
    I started P90X today! Its definitely way different than Insanity. It was a nice change.

As for final numbers with finishing INsanity....My BF is still the same and my weight is still fluctuating between 147 and 150 so I am not sure what to think about that!

I'm hoping for new progress with the hybrid and am also lowering my calorie goal for a while.