New here, 2 weeks pp

Options
Hi
I'm new to the group but not new to MFP although I didn't sign in during my pregnancy. I'm currently about 7kg heavier than when I got pregnant and I'm determined to lose that and more. I'm breastfeeding so I plan to try and stick to 1700 calories and I will start doing some walking later this week (if the weather improves). I plan on using my Wii once I'm 6 weeks pp.

Replies

• jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    hello! welcome. I am 6 months pp and still nursing exclusively. I eat around 1600-1800 cals a day and lose over a pound a week so i think you will have no problem! good luck!
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on your baby! Just a thought, most nursing info. I have read suggest not going below 1800 while nursing. That amount still provides plenty for weight loss. Walking is a great exercise for that early pp time. Just make sure you don't push harder than you are ready for. I know this varies greatly depending on how the birth went. With some of mine I was ready to "conquer the world" very shortly after and some I needed more time. Just listen to how you are feeling. Great job at only needing to lose 7kg from pregnancy weight! I always have so much more than that to lose. Best wishes!
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I keep forgetting to log my food but will try and get into the rythym of it now that my baby is more settled. We're going for our first walk today.. very slow and not far but it's a start!