Challenge Week #2 (February 10 - 16, 2013)

Options
Everyone's challenge for week #2 has been provided to us by spring_breeze:
1. log everything ... everyday ... even if its bad!
2. find a motivational book, blog, TV show ... whatever and find something good that you can apply to your life.
a.) you have to share the book/blog/TV show whatever in the discussion section
b.) you have to tell us HOW we can use the idea you read/saw etc in our lives.

Angelwings22 provided us with the "punishment" challenge for the people who gained/were the smallest losers (if no one gained)/did not check in for Saturday's weigh in is:
- do 10 squats with lat raises --> instructions on how to do these: while standing with your feet hip width apart raise your arms into a 90° angle by your face, almost like making a box in front of your face, when you squat your arms will be making the box 90° angle, when you come up from the squat your arms well be straight up into the air and repeat!

Everyone should be doing the first challenge.

Everyone CAN do the "punishment" challenge, but it must be done by:
- Chickabittie
- WindSong929 (me)
- Jes6886
- Joyfulnoise100

Note to everyone: if you don't check in with your weight for two weeks in a row, I will cut you from the group. If you didn't get a chance to check in this week, message me with your weight (and if you have a good excuse maybe I'll be lenient with you but probably not ... if Chickabittie and I (WindSong929) found our way online even though we got POUNDED with a blizzard and almost 3 ft of snow, then you should have been able to get online ;)).

Replies

• PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody I just joined the group today and I'm very excited about this challenge!! :) Well I have 2 motivational T.V shows that I watch and that motivates me to keep going in this wonderful journey! The first one is "The biggest loser" on mondays and the second one is "I used to be fat" I love this shows they teach me to push my self to my limits in other to achieve my goals and also to eat healthy! Exercise and eating healthy are the key to success! I love to see the transformations and imagine myself in that same position soon! :)
  • spring_breeze
    Options
    Hi guys, welcome ppalma06!=)
    Some things that inspire and motivate me:
    TV show - The Biggest Loser (NBC, all seasons)
    Film - The Lord of the rings ( because if something (like reaching Mordor and destroying the ring) seems impossible to achieve you should just continue taking your small steps and finally you'll succeed, all it takes is time and dedication.)
    Book - Affirmations by Louise L. Hey (this book provides a lot of great quotes that give me an opportunity to see things in a new light.)
    Blog - myweightlossfr (instagram) I love this girl because she is dedicated, brave and works hard to lose weight and become healthy.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    http://mennohenselmans.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

I thought I'd share this article on protein intake. It is written for body builders, but there is actually a surprising amount of research in it and it ends up clarifying that 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass is overkill. Really, .64g per lb of lean body mass is just as good.

=)
  • spring_breeze
    Options
    nataliescalor, thanks, great article.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Hope your all well :)
    So I went to the library today..have not been in there in years so I got two books body warfare by Lisa renn and think slim by Mark Stephens. I think losing weight has a lot to do with the mind.
    Looking forward to reading them and will report back.
    I also picked up a bob harper exercise DVD(how did i not know the library has 1000's of workout dvd's) i stocked up on fruit & veg on the way home so all in all a good trip.

Have a great week.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    hi guys.

"punishment" challenge done. I liked those! Will have to remember them.

Also, it looks like we are writing our motivational things on 2 different sites, so check this page out, along with the other page our leader set up. That way, we can read them all, since I missed the ones on this page. Here is the other page: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/887581-motivational-book-blog-tv-show-etc

Have a great day!
  • gabrielmartinez90
    Options
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Hi everyone

Hope your all well :)
    So I went to the library today..have not been in there in years so I got two books body warfare by Lisa renn and think slim by Mark Stephens. I think losing weight has a lot to do with the mind.
    Looking forward to reading them and will report back.
    I also picked up a bob harper exercise DVD(how did i not know the library has 1000's of workout dvd's) i stocked up on fruit & veg on the way home so all in all a good trip.

Have a great week.

The library is such an awesome resource to try new DVD's or check out books if we don't want to own them. I like Bob Harper, I have his kettle bell work out. Great job on stocking up on fruit & veg!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have you ladies tried Amazon prime workout DVDs? They have a ton too (that you can just stream).
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Have you ladies tried Amazon prime workout DVDs? They have a ton too (that you can just stream).

No, haven't heard about that. Thank you, will try it out!