Introducing ...well, me!

Options
Hi, I am 23 years young. I have been overweight mostly my whole life. After my diagnosis of MS (in June of '09), I began a journey of being obese. Yuck. The multiple medications that I have been on kept my weight fluctuating. This caused my self esteem to crash. For the past 3 and a half years I teeter -totted between 280 lbs and 320 lbs. I have tried many a 'die't (as I like to refer it); a few fads, crashes.. the usual calorie counting. I usually just give up. However, I really would like to get healthy. Mostly to keep my MS in check. My sister (also overweight) introduced me to this site and we are going to do this together! Wish us luck :)

Replies

• rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
    The one thing that you need to do is have is the right mindset to succeed. If you want it bad enough, you can do it.
    Realize that its not a diet you are going on here - its a lifestyle change. Its an understanding that calories in > calories out = weight gain and calories in < calories out = weight loss.
    Losing the weight will have a tremendous effect on your MS. (at least for me it did).

The great thing about this site is that you dont have to do it alone - there are ton of people on here to offer support.

Good luck!
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Welcome willholdtheke,
    This is a great place to be, the site itself is an awesome tool for a healthy lifestyle and these forums have some wonderful members. Happy you found us!
    -Zen
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you have taken a good step forward in just putting yourself on here.