What are you doing to stay active?

Options
I was running average 15 miles/week. Now I'm walking instead. Not getting the mileage that I had before, but my goal is now more for time.

What are you doing to stay active?

Replies

• xoxo82
    xoxo82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do very light weight training with modifications for pregnancy 3x a week and walk 2x a week.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Walking every day for 1+ hour, adding back in two prenatal DVD's (Yoga and Strength) and hoping to add weight lifting back in too.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I use a stationary bike anywhere from 30-45 minutes everyday at moderate intensity (130-138 beats per minute). Occasionally, when my husband does his P90x workouts, I will join in depending on which workout is on that particular day. I don't do any jumping though (only light bouncing) and weights are limited to 5 lbs. max. Maybe that's being too cautious but I'd rather keep the baby safe.
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week. I rotate between the elliptical, pilates and strength training.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'm still running. Wish I had my gym membership, I'd love to cross train on the elliptical, but at least I can stay active!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Walking, I have been so sick I can't do anything else... looking forward to the second tri!
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    im expecting twins so my consultant wont allow me to 'exercise' :( prior to finding out i was pregnant i was running 5miles 2-3 times a week, gym 2 times a week and insanity workouts 4 times a week but was so ill in the beginning that everything stopped.....im currently 18 weeks and walk for between 1.5-2hrs aday mon-fri pushing my 2.5yr old son and its all uphill and steep as well! its getting hard work tho as i prob look more like 28 weeks rather than 18! :)
  • MrsBarkhouse
    Options
    I do strength training 3x a week with a trainer. We are supposedly taking it easy but we have been slowly adding weights or reps (not both). I am usually draggin my butt into the gym since being exhausted at work but I feel so good during our sessions.

I was trying to run 2x a week (down from 4x) but the last few times I was so sick and tired I ended up walking for most of the time. I have been sticking to spin class (on a super light tension) or elliptical.
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm doing zumba 2-3 days a week for an hour. I was doing heavy lifting plus Zumba before getting pregnant, but stopped lifting just from pure exhaustion around 2 months. I'm 22.5 weeks now and having to pull back on my efforts at zumba since I'm getting contractions and round ligament pain every time. I'm trying to just go a little slower and sit out here and there but it's so hard when I'm used to pushing myself. I want to start lifting again this month, not so heavy though, just to help me feel better from not being able to be so aerobic.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I wanted to stay really active but was incredibly sick for the first 4 months then I hurt myself and was on bed rest but been cleared to do stuff so adding back ini walking for now. Wish I could do more but even light weight training makes me feel so exhausted I can't find energy to do anything else for the rest of the day.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've been having a hard time getting into an exercise routine. I used to love really intense workouts but I know that's not good for the baby, so I've been trying to find a balance. I have a Bowflex Tread Climber that I am starting to use 4-5x per week for 30-45 minutes. I'm also doing Body Pump (at home on DVD) 2x per week.