150 Calorie Snacks

Options
Check out these snack ideas if you are in a snack rut-

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/2013/01/150-calorie-snacks-slideshow?intcid=trail0115_2#slide=1

What snacks do you find filling and low in calorie?? I've been on an apple kick lately thanks to Costco. I also like almonds, but I have a hard time sticking to a reasonable portion.

Replies

• melbeas23
    melbeas23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    light popcorn is filling and relatively low in calories.
    when i need salty-crunch, pretzels work...i just have to make sure that I count them out into a bowl and leave the bag in the cabinet.
    the baked lays/ruffles, etc make better choices when you're looking for chips.
    goldfish are also baked, so better for you.
    cheerios can be added in with raisins, pnuts and pretzels for a "trail mix"

of course, yogurt and fruit make good healthy choices but I thought those were a little obvious.

and on the topic of nuts, we have been using shot glasses for nuts - they hold about an ounce - but it looks like a bunch of drunks live here, though... hahaha
  • kristinakerns
    Options
    Hahaha. That's so funny, but what a great way to measure the nuts! I typically don't snake too much during the day - my job keeps me busy so I often forget to get in 5 meals. However, at night we really like the weight watchers latte ice cream bars and the generic sugar free popsicles. Both of those fix my sugar craving and are low in calories and sugar.