just need to complain..

Options
Mhaney
Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
Feeling rather lonely tonight and that is sooo not like me. Ugh. My divorce was just finalized a month ago but the marriage was over for a good 2 years. The only thing the paperwork did for me was that it seemed he finally stopped trying to get me back.

I'm not used to feeling lonely. It's not something that's ever been in my life. I'm just feeling down tonight.. all the kids are asleep, I've finished my homework for the most part. Nothing to do but can't sleep. I am in such a funk..

I have things to look forward to. 2 weeks left of class for me and I will finally be DONE with any English classes. Me and the kids take our next belt test on the 17th. My sons will be turning 7 and 3 on the 23rd and I've booked a place that has a ton of bounce houses and they serve dinner. They do all the cleanup!

Bleh.. I am just not feeling like myself. I'm the type of person that could have fun at a funeral if I were so inclined, so this feeling of being lonely and sad just is NOT me at all and I don't know how to handle it. I wonder what the universe is trying to tell me.

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This is the time to rediscover yourself. When my son told me that, I didn't "hear" him..........but a few months later I realized he was right. So now you can think about and consider only yourself -- think about the things you've always wanted to do.........and get started!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is nice to focus on only myself. It must be extremely more difficult when you have children. Just remember everything gets better eventually!
  • Roshambo73
    Roshambo73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Since ya asked...when I got home I posted a rant/whine on my fb page with a **warning** that I was about to rant for 20seconds. My complaint was that I have friggin bored outta my mind and that I'm sick of being the one to initiate or coordinate get togethers. I'm not one to complain but this topic has been bothering me for a couple of months. I should not be the one to always get everyone together or to call/text a friend to go out to dinner or movie etc. This post went up about 1hour ago and none of my "friends" have responded either by text or fb message as requested. Again I'm not usually so angry, pushy or megative but I'm bored and lonely. Maybe time for new friends
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Since ya asked...when I got home I posted a rant/whine on my fb page with a **warning** that I was about to rant for 20seconds. My complaint was that I have friggin bored outta my mind and that I'm sick of being the one to initiate or coordinate get togethers. I'm not one to complain but this topic has been bothering me for a couple of months. I should not be the one to always get everyone together or to call/text a friend to go out to dinner or movie etc. This post went up about 1hour ago and none of my "friends" have responded either by text or fb message as requested. Again I'm not usually so angry, pushy or megative but I'm bored and lonely. Maybe time for new friends

I feel EXACTLY the same way~! It seems there's always ONE person who plans and coordinates........and apparently typically that's me......it makes me feel more like i'm pushing to keep the friendship alive. It takes two to make it work..........why don't others get to feeling like they haven't seen xxx in a while, and try to initiate something??? This includes my half sister.........if I don't email or call her first, I don't hear from her.......I've contemplated just this week have this discussionw ith her and one other friend.

So, it's not just you.........lol