2013 Indiana Rides - cycling (CIBA)

Options
Coolhand1969
Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
Here is a link to the the CIBA site provided by seena511..

http://cibaride.org/index.php/rides-topmenu-33/non-ciba-rides-spreadsheet

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! anyone doing the tour de cure century?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Thought I'd put a link to the NITE ride thread here in this thread, since there was definitely talk of people doing that one..
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/861643-the-nite-ride-indianapolis
  • kathyazach
    kathyazach Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hilly Hundred in the fall in Bloomington looks like a lot of fun, I think my hubby and I are going to this one. Let me know of any others!
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Planning on doing the Tour de Cure in June with my work or my Boy Scout Troop. My Boy Scout Troop has a cycling trek in July and Tour de Cure would be knocking off some of the total 150 miles needed.
  • DulcimerGuy
    DulcimerGuy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Holly and I are both active members of CIBA. Holly's actually the board secretary. We love that group. I highly recommend joining if you've an interest in cycling. We'll also be leading some rides this summer. :)
  • Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    heres a link to rides here in Indiana. It breaks down to monthly, the RAIN ride is July 13th, 160 miles. I would like to do the night ride here in Indy, anyone ever done that? Looks like fun!

http://brinin.org/index.php/ride-listings

that web site stands for
    b=bike
    r=rides
    in= in
    in= Indiana
    lots of good info, definately a keeper in your favorites folder!!
  • Staci64
    Staci64 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a long, straight road kinda girl! My daughter went to school at IU and I've seen those hills down there, no thank you!:) my knees would hurt so bad I couldn't walk for a week.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    heres a link to rides here in Indiana. It breaks down to monthly, the RAIN ride is July 13th, 160 miles. I would like to do the night ride here in Indy, anyone ever done that? Looks like fun!

There is already a thread devoted to the night ride... definitely looks like fun!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/861643-the-nite-ride-indianapolis
  • gonto1067
    gonto1067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm training myself to try an tackle RAIN in July. I've never even done a century so I might be shooting to high. Would like to do the cure at the track, to see where I stand. I would like to ride with a group, so if your planning on riding the cure and wouldn't mind someone tagging along please let me know.
  • seena511
    Options
    it would be nice to ride someone, so feel free to contact me if you do sign up. i thought about RAIN too but since the TdC is going to be my first century i didn't want to overextend myself.
  • lel101460
    lel101460 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Coolhand thanks for the invite didn't realize that this group exists. I had been in a smaller group just went off on my own for a while.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the night right definitely doing it this year. Co worker did it last year and had fun. And thanks for the invite>
  • cjvvus
    Options
    So, going on night ride this year. Haven't ridden a bike in years and currently do no own one. Any suggestion on what type to buy?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    So, going on night ride this year. Haven't ridden a bike in years and currently do no own one. Any suggestion on what type to buy?

Well, my wife and I are beginning bikers, we both got bikes last year from BGI after doing some research and shopping around. They were very helpful.. She got a Giant and I got a Trek - both hybrid road/trail bikes.. It's the first "decent" bike I've hever had or even road... it's just amazing :) Some of these people here with a lot more experience can probably help you even more, but that's what I've got :)
  • cjvvus
    Options
    Thank will check them out.
  • seena511
    Options
    ciba still hasn't updated their spreadsheet to include the rides in indiana so i found this:

http://brinin.org
  • Medallion02288
    Medallion02288 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have done the NITE ride for the last three years. It's a blast. Be sure to decorate your bike with glow sticks or lights! (And I have not been in the best shape doing it, either. It really is a good ride for beginners.)
  • greendoggie1487
    Options
    sounds fun. I've done a few sprint tri's, but nothing really long. Need to get back in....................
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    sounds fun. I've done a few sprint tri's, but nothing really long. Need to get back in....................

I would love any info or advice on sprint tris. I'm wanting to do at least 2 this summer.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    kathyazach and I are planning on doing the following ride out of Noblesville next Saturday..
    SATURDAY
    Jun 15th
    8:00 AM
    Weekend AAA Tour Noblesville High School-
    18111 Cumberland
    Road, Noblesville
    John South south87@sbcglobal.net
    317-776-0299 or 317-531-0361 Matt
    ****ey
    Take SR 37 north to Noblesville. Turn west on SR32. At the first stop light
    turn north on Cumberland Road. Go ¾ mile north, school is on the left.
    Park in the south end of the parking lot.
    Tour the lightly traveled roads of northeast Hamilton County.
    Visit the small towns of Aroma, Atlanta and Arcadia. Ride
    through a covered bridge. The course is mostly level. Rides
    lengths are 20, 38 and 58 miles.