Updates?

Options
Nmira09
Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
Hola Mujeres!

I hope you're all doing wonderful! So we haven't posted much this past week. I've been sick but ready to get back in the game. How are all of you doing? Any updates?

I started Zumba on the Wii and giiirl let me tell you, it is so much fun! Makes me wanna go on dancing with the stars! (= I've also lost 17 pounds and I couldn't have done that without the support I get from everyone here on MFP. You guys are amazing!

So what's your update?

Replies

• WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Hola: Disculpen que no he estado muy activa en este grupo. I created a group where a bunch of members are doing the 30 Day Shred workout from Jillian Michaels and that has kept me a bit busy. I am currently on Day 16 and soon will be free to post more often here.
    Hugs and keep up the good work.
  • claudiavasquez72
    claudiavasquez72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

My update is that last week I went down to 1200 calories a day. It was a little tough to get used to not having that extra 100 calories which I would typically use for a small dessert, like dark choclate pudding. :) I also started walking about 2 days a week. I am happy to report that in today's weigh in, I lost 5 lbs.!! last week, this is bringing my total loss of 25 lbs. I am super excited and motivated.

Wishing you all a great week!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

My update is that last week I went down to 1200 calories a day. It was a little tough to get used to not having that extra 100 calories which I would typically use for a small dessert, like dark choclate pudding. :) I also started walking about 2 days a week. I am happy to report that in today's weigh in, I lost 5 lbs.!! last week, this is bringing my total loss of 25 lbs. I am super excited and motivated.

Congratulations on losing 5 pounds!! How do you feel now that you're walking? Doesn't it give you energy? I love it! Keep up the great work!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Hola: Disculpen que no he estado muy activa en este grupo. I created a group where a bunch of members are doing the 30 Day Shred workout from Jillian Michaels and that has kept me a bit busy. I am currently on Day 16 and soon will be free to post more often here.

Hola! Como te sientes? I heard it's a really good workout but haven't tired it myself. I'm doing zumba on the wii and I get tired fast even thought it's fun! lol
  • claudiavasquez72
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Congratulations on losing 5 pounds!! How do you feel now that you're walking? Doesn't it give you energy? I love it! Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I feel with more energy, when I get home I am ready to do house chores as oppose to just getting up on the weekends and being lazy around the house. I have yet to try the Zumba Wii, that is my next purchase for sure.
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well two weeks ago I was down 7lbs and now I am down 12lbs total! II'm excited to actually see results and that what I'm doing is working :) Still have more to go but it feels great seeing that I can do this. I think if I keep it up I will be ready for summer! What I fear it that I will hit some plateau before my goal weight but I'll come to that when it happens.

However, a few minor setbacks.. II've been having a few bad nights of sleep where I go to sleep late and have to wake up early and it's making me too tired to want to be active. I have been going to bed late and staying up late on facebook/instagram/internet in general. I gotta work on that because I feel bloated the next day when I don't sleep well-- does that happen to anyone else?

I've also noticed that on the days I work out, I eat fewer calories than when I don't work out. Why would that be? This weekend I ate about 1200 calroies a day and worked out, but I don't take into account my workout calories when calorie counting since I find that hard to actually calculate, but I still try to go for 1200 in food. Those days I'm actually not hungry at all and I even have to make myself eat just for the nutrition and calories! Now yesterday I had class and did not have time to work out. I ended up going over and eating 1330 calories. Why am I hungrier when I don't exercise??
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hola Mujeres!

I hope you're all doing wonderful! So we haven't posted much this past week. I've been sick but ready to get back in the game. How are all of you doing? Any updates?

I started Zumba on the Wii and giiirl let me tell you, it is so much fun! Makes me wanna go on dancing with the stars! (= I've also lost 17 pounds and I couldn't have done that without the support I get from everyone here on MFP. You guys are amazing!

So what's your update?

Hola, Glad to have you back :)

Congratulations on your weight loss, and yes I do agree Zumba is a lot of fun. I have not tried it on Wii, I have the DVD's and took a couple of classes. Glad you are having fun dancing.

I try to weigh (check in) on wednesdays and I have not been doing so well with my loss, I think since my last weigh loss I have hit a plateu, The scale is not moving. I am jogging/walking 1 mile under 15 minutes every day at work on the treadmill and try to do change it up with zumba too. But just reading the post of all of you keeps me motivated to keep going and not give up. Thank You chicas!!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Well two weeks ago I was down 7lbs and now I am down 12lbs total! II'm excited to actually see results and that what I'm doing is working :) Still have more to go but it feels great seeing that I can do this. I think if I keep it up I will be ready for summer! What I fear it that I will hit some plateau before my goal weight but I'll come to that when it happens.

However, a few minor setbacks.. II've been having a few bad nights of sleep where I go to sleep late and have to wake up early and it's making me too tired to want to be active. I have been going to bed late and staying up late on facebook/instagram/internet in general. I gotta work on that because I feel bloated the next day when I don't sleep well-- does that happen to anyone else?

I've also noticed that on the days I work out, I eat fewer calories than when I don't work out. Why would that be? This weekend I ate about 1200 calroies a day and worked out, but I don't take into account my workout calories when calorie counting since I find that hard to actually calculate, but I still try to go for 1200 in food. Those days I'm actually not hungry at all and I even have to make myself eat just for the nutrition and calories! Now yesterday I had class and did not have time to work out. I ended up going over and eating 1330 calories. Why am I hungrier when I don't exercise??

I stay up way too late too! I'm finding that sometimes I'm exhausted in the morning and can't wake up. I started Zumba though and that put me right to sleep! I want to set a schedule to get used to sleeping at least an hour ealier and wake up 15 minutes earlier than my usual time. A friend at work inspired me to do that and she's ALWAYS in a good mood lol...I don't want to hate my mornings!

Oh and also, if you find yourself being really hungry could it be because you're not eating enough proetin? Protein really helps because it keeps you full.
  • aymejia
    Options
    Hola chicas, i haven't introduce myself, but i'm Alexandra. Very happy to be part of these group, right know i'm just watching what i eat been in here for 15 days and i already lost 6 pounds. I need to start doing exercise but after a long day of work no tengo la fuerza. Love dancing como toda latina
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options

Hola! Como te sientes? I heard it's a really good workout but haven't tired it myself. I'm doing zumba on the wii and I get tired fast even thought it's fun! lol

Hola: There are three levels, we do each level 10 days, the first 3 or 4 days are killer, but then it gets easier. I will let you know my before and after stats as soon as I am finished with the whole thing. Hugs
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Hola chicas, i haven't introduce myself, but i'm Alexandra. Very happy to be part of these group, right know i'm just watching what i eat been in here for 15 days and i already lost 6 pounds. I need to start doing exercise but after a long day of work no tengo la fuerza. Love dancing como toda latina

Hi Alexandra!

Welcome to the group and congrats on losing 6 pounds girl! (=
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hola Mujeres

I'm just getting over being sick (I think Nathalie got me sick - haha), so I haven't been very active in general. Today is the first time in over a week that I'm going to do an actual work out.

It's getting easier to get over my junk food craving, and I actually get excited and look forward to my healthier meals. :D With Lent, I gave up red meat and desserts (cookies, cake, chocolate, etc.). So far it's been good (it's been like 2 days, hahaha)! I'm also going to try the Wii Zumba, because it sounds you all really like it! Hey - I can shake it! No problem there! My valentine took me shoe shopping for my gift - and I picked up the brand new aesics running shoes I have been wanting - so, I can't wait to break em in!

Que disfruten este fin de semana! Si se puede!!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    I'm sorry I got you sick! haha! But I'm glad you're feeling better and ready to start working out!

Hola Mujeres

I'm just getting over being sick (I think Nathalie got me sick - haha), so I haven't been very active in general. Today is the first time in over a week that I'm going to do an actual work out.

It's getting easier to get over my junk food craving, and I actually get excited and look forward to my healthier meals. :D With Lent, I gave up red meat and desserts (cookies, cake, chocolate, etc.). So far it's been good (it's been like 2 days, hahaha)! I'm also going to try the Wii Zumba, because it sounds you all really like it! Hey - I can shake it! No problem there! My valentine took me shoe shopping for my gift - and I picked up the brand new aesics running shoes I have been wanting - so, I can't wait to break em in!

Que disfruten este fin de semana! Si se puede!!
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well me and my sisters did a weight loss competition of who loses the most percentage of their body, and it was about a month and a week long and I won! I lost about 8%. Every week we put in some money towards the contest fund so i got some $! I thought it was a great incentive to start my weight loss track and its not over from here. We're trying to get some friends that want to do another contest with us, too. So yeah, that's been my motivation lately :)
  • claudiavasquez72
    Options
    Quick Upate...I finally purchased the Wii Zumba! I LOVE it, beats having to go down to the gym after a long day at the office. It really gets you moving and the belt to hold the control is awesome! I am really trying to lose 2.5 lbs this week. So wish me luck!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Quick Upate...I finally purchased the Wii Zumba! I LOVE it, beats having to go down to the gym after a long day at the office. It really gets you moving and the belt to hold the control is awesome! I am really trying to lose 2.5 lbs this week. So wish me luck!

Good luck! I'm glad you like it (=

This is the best workout for me too because by the time I'm out of the office, it's too late to go to the gym.