I am your friendly February Hot Summer Body Moderator! :glasses: :flowerforyou:

First things-first!

ENTER STATS PLEASE...FEB 1.
Weight--
Days on the Ellip
Challenge--
Nutrition
Best Workout--Time /Miles/Resistance

Okay-for February's mini challenge--- I am suggesting RESISTANCE EVERY OTHER WORKOUT :indifferent:
Listen I never use resistance :sad: This will be a real challenge for me

Bonus points for RESISTANCE for EVERY work out
How much resistance are you using?

Suggestions~

Advanced
RESISTANCE ---at least 45 minutes
Intermediate
RESISTANCE---at least 20 minutes
Beginner
RESISTANCE ---at least 15 minutes

And now for the Nutrition Challenge
Water Challenge----Are you drinking at least half your body weight in water?
Enter in HOW much Water you are taking Daily--
Share what kind of water you are drinking --is it straight--cucumber-laced, lemon spritzed ?

ADD THIS TO----No Refined sugars---but AGAVE and Honey and Date sugar permitted
Super Advanced--No Refined sugar- no substitute
Advanced
No refined Sugar for 26 consecutive days--with 2 Tablespoons of honey or Agave permitted daily
Intermediate---No refined Sugar for 10 consecutive days--4 tablespoons of honey or Agave permitted
Beginner ....... No refined Sugar for 3 days---with the use honey or Agave as substitute

Check in daily or *kitten* often as you can!
Since this is the Second month --Start by stating your own personal February goal!

READY? GO! SMOKIN' HOT SUMMER BODY! :smokin:

Replies

• diztimetoshine
    diztimetoshine Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I took a tumble (well 2 tumble's) yesterday on the ice, I'll be out off the elliptical for a few days (but not as long as I was with the foot injury) Everyone keep up the great work... I'm hoping to be back on again by Wednesday..
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Just got in from the airport, after flying out of town on the 1st - so it will be tomorrow (Monday the 4th) when I get up that I will weigh in, add up how many times I was on the elliptical etc.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Jan Wrap-Up / Summay

Weight (Dhange) down 1 pound -- (good, considering last 3 days spent sitting on a plane or in an airport, and no exercise / limited opportunity to control food option due to being out of town / all meal in hotel or other eatery)

Accomplished:
    Days on the Ellip
    Challenge--
    Nutrition

Feb Look-ahead / Goals
    Start weight: 161.5 lbs

Targets:
    Days on the Ellip
    Challenge--
    Nutrition

February Goal(s)
  • BMcC9
    Options

Okay-for February's mini challenge--- I am suggesting RESISTANCE EVERY OTHER WORKOUT :indifferent:
    Listen I never use resistance :sad: This will be a real challenge for me

Bonus points for RESISTANCE for EVERY work out
    How much resistance are you using?

Suggestions~

Advanced
    RESISTANCE ---at least 45 minutes
    Intermediate
    RESISTANCE---at least 20 minutes
    Beginner
    RESISTANCE ---at least 15 minutes

I happen to have strong cardio / leg muscles - so not using any resistance doesn't feel like any kind of "satisfaction for completing something challenging"

I always have resistance on to greater or lesser degree all the time ... but my home machine has no indicator of what the current setting might be. Just a knob that takes several 360 turns to get from All Off to Full On.

Any suggestions - maybe take bpm on hrm as relative indicator of "how much tension" or something like that? so 60% Target Heart Rate would be "very light"; 75% would be "moderate" etc?
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options

I always have resistance on to greater or lesser degree all the time ... but my home machine has no indicator of what the current setting might be. Just a knob that takes several 360 turns to get from All Off to Full On.

Any suggestions - maybe take bpm on hrm as relative indicator of "how much tension" or something like that? so 60% Target Heart Rate would be "very light"; 75% would be "moderate" etc?

Sure---you are a dynamo! Adjust this challenge so that you are truly challenged--Do you have resistance full on all the time for example? Maybe your challenge would be to have the resistance on to a greater degree instead of lesser--and for a longer period of time --at the highest level
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I am weighing this week---been under the weather and I want to do it at the same place I weigh in all the time.
    Welcome to the challenge and Diz~Feel better!
  • BMcC9
    Options

Sure---you are a dynamo! Adjust this challenge so that you are truly challenged--Do you have resistance full on all the time for example? Maybe your challenge would be to have the resistance on to a greater degree instead of lesser--and for a longer period of time --at the highest level

Potential TMI warning re: how I make my elliptical workouts hard:

When I am using the elliptical along with my Wii Walk It Out game (prefered method of distraction) - I am REQUIRED to step in time with the song-track in order to move my "Game Self" around the virtual scrolling landscape. If my pace is off the beat, my feet may be moving, but my character is standing still (requires more "paying attention" than cruzin' on auto-pilot to any ol' tunes on the radio or boom box - regardless of how high the resistance level is set)

So "faster" and "slower" doesn't correspond to "harder" and "easier" peddling. In fact, "slower" means "crank up the tension" and "faster" means "dial back tension just enough to be able to keep up" ... and the setting changes every 3 or 4 minutes as a new song comes on. That means that getting to 30 mins (while constantly syncing to Wii) is a hard, sweaty workout.

I can either work towards gettng regularly to 45 mins (while constantly syncing to Wii) by the end of Feb, or suplementing with additional "moderate-to-high tension at a constant setting but not need to sync" elliptical time with Netflix or boom-box for company . How does that sound?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Last night - 1.98 miles in 40 minutes varied speeds and varied (moderate to high) tension settings. This is the longest I have gone in "syncronization required" mode.

It was hard, but I got there.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options

Potential TMI warning re: how I make my elliptical workouts hard:

When I am using the elliptical along with my Wii Walk It Out game (prefered method of distraction) - I am REQUIRED to step in time with the song-track in order to move my "Game Self" around the virtual scrolling landscape. If my pace is off the beat, my feet may be moving, but my character is standing still (requires more "paying attention" than cruzin' on auto-pilot to any ol' tunes on the radio or boom box - regardless of how high the resistance level is set)

So "faster" and "slower" doesn't correspond to "harder" and "easier" peddling. In fact, "slower" means "crank up the tension" and "faster" means "dial back tension just enough to be able to keep up" ... and the setting changes every 3 or 4 minutes as a new song comes on. That means that getting to 30 mins (while constantly syncing to Wii) is a hard, sweaty workout.

I can either work towards gettng regularly to 45 mins (while constantly syncing to Wii) by the end of Feb, or suplementing with additional "moderate-to-high tension at a constant setting but not need to sync" elliptical time with Netflix or boom-box for company . How does that sound?

Simply---the suggestion is increasing endurance (length of time) and stamina (resistance)
    --- whatever that might look like for you---- :wink:

The challenges posted are suggestions only---the important point is actually getting on the elliptical--consistently--right?

I am going to refer to my original answer to you below.
    Adjust this challenge so that you are truly challenged

:bigsmile: Sounds like you are doing it
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    today I managed 45 minutes, 2 miles 505 calories gone.. I did the fat burner program, so the resistance varied... :smile:
  • diztimetoshine
    Options
    was to they gym and home by 0700 :happy: :happy: I made it 40 minutes and burned 431 calories... Hoping to go for a walk after work,
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    today I managed 45 minutes, 2 miles 505 calories gone.. I did the fat burner program, so the resistance varied... :smile:

You rock!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    ENTER STATS PLEASE...FEB 1.
    Weight--155
    I gained 2 pounds! :noway: :brokenheart:
    Days on the Ellip.
    7 days--YIKES
    Challenge--
    Nutrition
    nope too much sugar
    5 miles

Goals for Feb--goal 17 days
    Days so far----3 days :love:
    Nutrition............Cut down sugar---drink the water

Today 30 minutes on Ellip
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I finally figured out that if I claim to be "6 yrs old" in the Wii Game Character Profile, I don't have to cope with the syncing to the songs anymore. This is going to make longer sessions on the Elliptical MUCH easier! (while still maintaining my fav scrolling view)

Since the Distance and Calories burned will be from the Elliptical rather than the game stats, it doesn't matter that the game stat "burn estimate" will be off.

YIPPEE!!!!!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Goals for Feb--goal 17 days-
    Days so far----4 days

Today 30 minutes on Ellip
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    I finally figured out that if I claim to be "6 yrs old" in the Wii Game Character Profile, I don't have to cope with the syncing to the songs anymore. This is going to make longer sessions on the Elliptical MUCH easier! (while still maintaining my fav scrolling view)

Since the Distance and Calories burned will be from the Elliptical rather than the game stats, it doesn't matter that the game stat "burn estimate" will be off.

YIPPEE!!!!!

awesome!
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Just checking in---there are a few of us on this challenge that are on my feed---and it's good to see them getting on the machine.
    I have been lax! Will start tomm --and commit to at least 30 min a day:smile:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Good news: Back on line,

Bad news: not back to home town and elliptical yet.

Good news: have been burning lots of calories by not remebering to stop and eat while doing lots and lots of weeding and sorting and packing and such-likes

My current motto is:

Keep doing what you can, until you finish what you must. (personal adaptation of generic quote)
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Good news: Back on line,

Bad news: not back to home town and elliptical yet.

Good news: have been burning lots of calories by not remebering to stop and eat while doing lots and lots of weeding and sorting and packing and such-likes

My current motto is:

Keep doing what you can, until you finish what you must. (personal adaptation of generic quote)

Right on! :happy:
    The BURN is what counts!