Brooks PureFlow

Options
Dark_Roast
Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
Has anyone tried the Brooks PureFlow sneakers? I'm thinking of getting a pair, they have some cushioning but lean more towards the minimalist style. Any thoughts? I have been running in the Brooks Ghost and Glycerin.

Replies

• RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use the Pure Cadence, I know the Flow's are more minimal, which might be a stretch if you're in a really structured shoe right now. Definitely go to a store where you can try on the shoes and hop on a treadmill right there before you buy 'em. Good luck!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I use the PureGrit for my trail runs and like them a lot. would have bought the PureFlow but I tried my Mizunos on before I got to the Brooks. May still get them next time if I can't find the Mizunos. My friend has the PureFlow and she loves them.
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've had three pairs of Pure Flows and found them to be very comfortable - in the beginning. Then, they quickly wore out after just 150 miles. Because they are of minimal construction, they will not last, especially if you do the majority of your running on the road.

I'm running in a pair of Newton Sir Isaac's now and cannot even think about going back to the Pure Flow's for a run.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    ^^^This. I loved my PureFlows & they were wonderful for a while, but it seems like they wore out quicker than the 2 pairs of PureCadence I've had. Getting ready to replace my shoes again & will definitely go with PureCadence.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies! I ended up buying another pair of Ghost's and I think I will stick with them for a while.
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of going with the Glycerins. Looking for some more cushioning than my Saucony ProGrid guide 5 shoes. Any other recommendations for cushy shoes? Need to give my old bones a break.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I am using the pure cadence and find them to be the most durable show I have ever had. I have 2600 miles on them now and am shooting for at least 3000.

That said, there is little cushion left in the forefoot area although there is still plenty left in the heel.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just switched to Pure Cadence after 10 years in Adrenaline GTS 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 (yes I skipped 6 because it was unwearable). I'm about 50 miles in, so far so good. I tried to run in my last pair of Adrenaline 11s, but they now feel way too tall at the back.
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I need a stability shoe so I have the Brooks Pure Cadence but absolutly love them. Very similar obviously since they are both from the pure prject. I used to run in &150 super cushioned Asics Kayanos and switched to these when I wanted to get faster and I never went back. Took a week or two to get used to the low heel drop but other than that they have been great!!
  • runrockclimb
    Options
    I have both, pure flow and pure cadence... I know you said you're gonna stick with the glycerins for a while, but I suggest you try either out. As for wear time, mine lasted through last race season and a little extra, they wear pretty comparably to other shoes. Especially if you take into consideration how long you are suppose to wear a pair of running shoes, and if you are rotating between shoes, like you should be. Anyway sidetracked there, I love the shoes, they are my favorites.