Looking for some friends during deployment

Options
Cello2007
Cello2007 Posts: 13 Member
I am a National Guard wife with two tykes under 2 years. My husband deploys in a few months for a year. I was doing great with the exercising and motivation until I found out he was leaving. Now I just need some friends to help me stay motivated to find the time to workout! I have the rest of this baby weight to lose and about 40 pounds to get rid of. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!

Replies

• sbrooks7211
    Options
    Hey! My husband and I are both Army, although I'm just IRR right now. He just left for Afghanistan and I feel the same way about trying to be motivated now with him gone.
  • Cello2007
    Cello2007 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying! My husband is heading there too.
  • AllyLouB
    AllyLouB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, i's so tough with kiddies and trying to exercise when hubby is away isn't it! Mines home right now, got back from Afghan in October and is due out again in July.

I'm in the uk, add me if you want another fellow military wifey x
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Well my husband is navy on subs but he will be leaving in like 3 months to live in a different duty station from us. We have a house and cant move with him so he has to go for the next 4 years. If you want you can add me! I am doing WW but also tracking on here.
  • lovelyladyJ21
    lovelyladyJ21 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My husband is in the army and he's getting ready for a deployment here in the next few months.
    We just pcs'd to Germany and we have 2 boys so I know how you feel. We're in a totally new country with no other family and it's very stressful!
    I'm currently trying to loose about 50 lbs and it's hard because you want to spend as much time with them now with them leaving and sometimes it gets into my workout routine on the weekend.....

Feel free to add me! =)
  • betsyserna
    betsyserna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My hubby left last month to Aghanistan. This is his third tour. I have a LOT of weight to get off me and want to lose at lease 30lbs or so by the time he gets back. I gained around 45lbs with this last pregnancy so would like to lose that by the end of this year. I'll add you and maybe we can keep each other motivated :)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My husband has been in Djibouti for 3 months and I'm using his deployment as an excuse to get thinner before he comes home. I just go to the gym when my daughter is at daycare. Weekends, maybe walk but not usually.

8215698.png
  • pineneedles
    pineneedles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My husband left 8 months ago and I wish I would have gotten serious about weight loss before he left! Instead I gained about twenty lbs! Now i have about a month left and I've lost 29 lbs but I still wish I had started earlier and lost more for his return! I hope you can use his deployment as motivation! I think it'd be awesome if he could come back and see all the work you put into your body! I'm adding you, if you don't mind!