Single...and Valentines Days around the corner

Options
So we are upon another Vday...the day where countless flower arrangements and balloons are sent to the workplace. Other gifts and dinner plans are talked about by the water cooler. Last year I had a bfriend but most years its dinner with my other single friends. This year I have NO plans not even with my buddies. Yes, I'm totally feeling sorry for myself and will probably hang out at the gym for 2hours on Thursday

Replies

• teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Badminton and Water aerobics for me!

Power to the singles!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm consoling myself by telling myself that I've never really had a good Valentine's Day, single or attached. So, having someone doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be awesome.

I think this year Ill indulge in some cheese, wine and Downton Abbey. I may even buy myself some flowers.
  • ednaflores619
    ednaflores619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well...I will be in Zumba class with my super hot instructor :love:
  • kevinkalis
    Options
    Not being guilted into spending money on a day invented for that very purpose. Wow, being single sucks.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think am going to watch the new Die Hard movie - Nothing like a shoot 'em up movie to make you feel powerful!

(PS - I am voluntarily single currently - after being unvoluntarily thrown into single hood via a divorce 7 months ago - too much drama and I have a zillion things I want to do with my life right now like get in awesome shape and take a nice vacation)
  • ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and ignore the fact that it's Valentine's as well as I can.

Power to the singles and all that crap, but it sure would be nice to have someone to share the day with.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have taekwondo that day, and plan on beating the crap out of something.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being single and getting nothing for V day.. what I really hated was being married and getting nothing (v day Christmas bday etc).

last year my singles group had a "Singles Appreciation Day" party with napkins that said "I may be single, but I'm not desperate."

Chin up gang... it's better to be single than to be miserably married.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more JanieJack!!!
    That's what my life have been for the last 5 years - so I am extatic to spend VDay doing something I want! :)
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    So true. I got stood up by my boyfriend last Valentine's Day. At least this year I know Im going to be alone, so I can make plans for myself that make me happy.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have too work graveyard shift. I can forget this day Please. Thanks