Come early; leave late

Options
cbarn025
cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
How many of you come early to class to work on something you suck at or stay late afterwards? When I first started I noticed that the best ppl at my gym always stayed after working on something so I began to as well. If so do you think it's a good idea or is it overtraining?

Replies

• Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I get there early to do extra stretching in my shoulders where I'm trying to gain mobility. My box like a lot of others goes like this for each session: Warm up, strength/technique work, WOD, cash out. The cash out is usually something cardio or working on our monthly goals.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    My class is at 5.45am so I try to get there for 5.30 to practice my pull ups. It allows my to practice (in case our WOD doesn't have pull ups in it) and I get an additional warm up/stretch. I recommend it - esp if you have a goal you are trying to achieve.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:40am to get there by 5:30am class, but if we're done before 6:30am, I use any time up to 6:30 to practice stuff as well - it has been double unders. I have two in a row now LOL
  • artsyalice
    artsyalice Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try to get there early so I can really warm up. Sometimes I'll stay to work on something after if I have time and feel a need, but not on a regular basis.
  • Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Early to warm up. Typically completely spent after an hour, I stumble outta there as soon as the butt beating is over. I ain't gonna lie.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Early to warm up. Typically completely spent after an hour, I stumble outta there as soon as the butt beating is over. I ain't gonna lie.
    Had to laugh at this!