Week 4 Progress

Options
****IMPORTANT PLEASE READ****

TO BE QUALIFIED TO WIN WALMART E-GIFT CARD, YOU MUST POST AT LEAST TWICE UNDER WEEK 4 PROGRESS, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Hey guys,

Here is the new thread to check on everyone's progress for Week 4. You are welcome to post workouts you are doing, diet plan, how you're feeling, etc. We are here to support each other, so please share your thoughts :)

Replies

• red128
    red128 Posts: 27
    Options
    After an exhausting day, forced myself to go swim laps for 50 mins. I feel so much better. This week is going to be good!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking so too Red.

Yesterday was supposed to be workout day (C25K scheduled day) but we ended up on the road for 4 hours last night. The mother of a good friend of ours passed away and the viewing was yesterday evening. Funeral is today and we cant get out of work so we went to the visitation. We missed out on exercising but I'm glad we went because we got to meet a lot of the rest of the family and it was a wonderful time.

Otherwise, so far this week is going great. Seeing the scale move in the right direction. I am very VERY eager to see the day that I am out of the 220s altogether. Been here way too long and I gotta see that scale move!! :smile:

Have a great day everyone and remember to drink your water!!!
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything yet but I've just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I also got a 30 minute walk at 3.0 mph with hills in yesterday. Feel good.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything yet but I've just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I also got a 30 minute walk at 3.0 mph with hills in yesterday. Feel good.

Good for you Cheryllyn!! It isn't easy to make the changes necessary to see the weight come off but once you get going, it does get easier! Good luck with the 30 Day Shred! Its a really great workout.
  • sweetmonique10
    sweetmonique10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So far my week has been great, killing the calorie burn and functioning lol Can't wait for Sunday weigh-in...3 pound lost here we come!

You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work. Love hard and play hard!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Today, I just did strength training with weights for my arms. I wanted to go to the gym; but, we had our 1st snowstorm this year in Oklahoma. I feel accomplished that I worked out at home...ANYWAY!!!

Keep up the great work guys!
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i'm sick again, unfortunately...so probably won't be able to do much exercise for the next few days. everything i do that makes me breathe harder at all makes me cough like no other. probably best to just let my body rest i suppose
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What progress? Seriously, I am for the first time since I started this weight loss journey, really questioning whether I can do this. I've been between 198-193 since Christmas with little hope of pulling out of it. I have reset my activity level on MFP and have worked out at least 30 minutes a day + my active work keeps me really busy. Yet, I continue to not lose at all or even gain a little some weeks. I eat less, workout more.. walk a lot and drink water like I live in the Mojave. Yet.. the weight stays.
    I said I'd give this time around 2 weeks before I really freak out. With my MFP activity level set to sedentary, I wear my FitBit all day and sync when I get home. I can see I am still really active. I just.. bleh.
  • red128
    red128 Posts: 27
    Options
    Nareena--Hang in there!! It does get so frustrating. If you feel you've done everything you can do to lose weight and are still not having any luck, you might want to go get a physical done at the doctors and see if there is a medical reason. Another thing is, I really believe its not about the amount of calories we put in and then burn off. It also has to do with the kind of calories we're putting into our body. Have you trying switching up what you eat? I found now the only way I can lose weight is increasing my vegetable intake and reducing my sodium intake. Just some ideas and you may have already done them all. I've done the I'm giving up, my weight's not going anywhere, only to gain a couple of pounds in the first week of letting go. You can do this!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I did something totally out of the ordinary...and loved it. I went to the 9Round boxing gym! I feel so POWERFUL! It's just nice to do something different. I can't wait until tomorrow.

I want everyone to try something different this week. Who knows? Maybe it can jumpstart your weight loss OR just help you to feel confident? It could be a different exercise, a different food or even working out in a different outfit. Either way, find a way to recreate you. You can do it!

Have a restful evening everyone!
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's been a bit of a rollercoaster week for me. Been exceptionally busy at work! I've also officially started going to the gym - focusing on circuit atm.

Unfortunately the scale has been a right enemy this week, on my official weigh in at work for our own Biggest Loser challenge there, the scale showed a 2kg gain (cry!!!).

I truly hope and believe that it was just water retention due to my period and starting weight-training.

I'm hoping that the scale will have gone down by a bit tomorrow morning (don't believe it will show a loss compared to last week - but hoping it will at least only be like a 1kg gain...)

However won't let this discourage me, clothes and measurements are telling a different story than the scale so will tend to rather believe them :)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I was eating about the same # of calories on a daily basis (give or take, depending on workouts). I worked out 43 out of the last 46 days. And still.. zip. In the last 2 weeks, I've actually managed to GAIN a couple of pounds. Seriously. I have changed my MFP settings and now am working to see if I can "reset" my metabolism for another week. Maybe that will help. :(

edit: (just read the reply to my post the other day).... Please note, dear friends: I did NOT say I am giving up. Just frustrated and ranting a bit. Remember.. there is no giving up on yourselves. I don't intend to do that either.