Week 4 Of The Challenge

Options
Morning all,

I am pleased to say that I've lost 3lbs this week - so that's 11lbs since the challenge started (and 18lbs this year), so am happy to say have met the challenge and have another weigh in before Valentine's Day yay!

Hope you are all staying focused & at least maintaining so not putting any on.

Good luck to you all!

V :happy:

Replies

• henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Week 4 lost 2 more pounds for a total of eight pounds lost. My official weigh day is sunday. Will have my "last chance work out" today.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    No change. I won't be meeting the challenge goal. Good luck, ladies!
  • prettygorgtors
    Options
    Starting Weight (01.13.13): 142.6 lbs
    Week 1 (01.20.13): 140.6
    Week 2 (01.27.13) 140.6
    Week 3 (02.03.13) 140.6
    Week 4 (02.10.13) 139.0
    Total lost: 3.6 lbs.

Well, I'm definitely not losing 5 more pounds by Thursday but it was a fun challenge! Weight is just a number on the scale y'all so don't get discouraged. Those of you who didn't reach this goal think about all the things you gained (self confidence, more strength, more endurance, etc) rather than focus on what you didn't lose on the scale. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
  • Machete_Montoya
    Machete_Montoya Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    starting weight Tuesday 8th Jan 146 lb
    Week 0 (Sunday 13th Jan): 141.4 lbs
    Week 1 (Sunday 20th Jan): 139.2 lbs
    Week 2 (Sunday 27th Jan): 139.2 lbs
    Week 3 (Sunday 3rd Feb): 138.4 lbs
    Week 4 (Sunday 10th Feb): 138.8 lbs

Going nowhere fast...
  • henkemonica
    henkemonica Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes you guessed it, I lost the whole NINE pounds. The challenge was good in that it kept me trying really hard. But oh the stress! That was my first challenge since joining MFP. I am on the fence now, do another challenge, or don't do another one. Good luck to everyone. Can't wait to see how many of us reach the goal. Happy Valentines Day.
  • hjaribu
    Options
    I've lost my 9lbs!!! Just a fraction of my goal but, I'm hoping to lose more by St Paddy's day. I wish someone would start another group for that! I have no idea how to start one. Good luck everyone else!
  • perzend
    Options
    Hey All,

I didn't manage to lose the whole 9 pounds but I got to 6 at the end of the challenge so I am happy. Thanks for starting this and now we need another one!!

Perz
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    Well done everyone! I ended up at my starting weight lol oh well. I can't say I've been very strict lately :3 Good luck with your weight loss journey, you're all doing great :)

Going nowhere fast...

What are you talking about!! You lost 7 lb's, that's amazing!! You should be proud, you did great. Don't get down on yourself for not hitting 9lb, 9lb's is just a number the whole point of the challenge was to lose some weight, any weight. If you made it fantastic, if you didn't then you're just that little bit closer to your goal! And you weren't far off at all.

Don't feel down, you did fabulously. I personally ended up the same as what I started but that's better than putting weight on. I'd much rather be in your boat!! Keep going, at this rate you'll reach your goals no problem :)
  • Katherinesfitness
    Options
    Oh! And happy valentines day!! I hope you all had a romantic one ;)
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Managed 14!
  • Machete_Montoya
    Machete_Montoya Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! I ended up at my starting weight lol oh well. I can't say I've been very strict lately :3 Good luck with your weight loss journey, you're all doing great :)

Going nowhere fast...

What are you talking about!! You lost 7 lb's, that's amazing!! You should be proud, you did great. Don't get down on yourself for not hitting 9lb, 9lb's is just a number the whole point of the challenge was to lose some weight, any weight. If you made it fantastic, if you didn't then you're just that little bit closer to your goal! And you weren't far off at all.

Don't feel down, you did fabulously. I personally ended up the same as what I started but that's better than putting weight on. I'd much rather be in your boat!! Keep going, at this rate you'll reach your goals no problem :)

Ahhh, thanks - wise words. I actually forgot to weight myself on Valentine's Day and then did yesterday morning and found out I had actually lost 2 and a bit pounds this week, after seemingly stalling for ages, so I made it after all. And you're right - even 7lbs was an achievement, and I think I was just having a bit of a paddy when I posted that!
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    Week 5 - I lost another 1lb, so lost 12lbs for the challenge & lost a total of 19lbs this year by 14th February 2013.

Good luck to all of you on your journeys - this has helped having a challenge over a short amount of time!

Thanks for starting it! Look forward to the next one x
  • VP72
    VP72 Posts: 89
    Options
    I've lost my 9lbs!!! Just a fraction of my goal but, I'm hoping to lose more by St Paddy's day. I wish someone would start another group for that! I have no idea how to start one. Good luck everyone else!

It's only 3 weeks until St Patrick's Day - so it's not that far.
    When you're on the main page for groups there's an option to "create group"

How about a challenge up to 31st March????
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I forgot to come back in to check! I started this challenge at 137, and I know I'm late weighing in but I was 127 this past Wednesday, putting me at -10 for the challenge, plus 6 days because I completely forgot to come back and check in!!!

Oh well... will go on to find the Easter challenge!!