TEAM DOLVETT-WEEK 6 CHALLENGE

jomom2
jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
Team we are getting closer and closer! How is everyone doing? I have been a bit out of it, but I can say I am back on track. For this weeks challenge we are doing:

A.) BACK TO COUNTING CALORIES BURNED. MAKE A GOAL AND TRY YOUR BEST TO MEET IT!

B.) THIS PART OF THE CHALLENGE IS ACTUALLY COMING FROM ONE OF OUR TEAMMATES (DILLYG08), YESTERDAY SHE POSTED THIS, AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT IDEA. And I quote :laugh: " MFP's what are you giving up for Lent? This is a great way to change up our body, mind, and soul for a few weeks." SO, IN THE SPIRIT OF LENT, LET'S GIVE SOMETHING UP FOR THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE. MAKE IT SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TAKE OUT OF YOUR DIET. IF YOU CHOSE TO ELIMINATE IT FOR THE DURATION OF THIS CHALLENGE, IT WOULD BE AN EVEN BIGGER ACCOMPLISHMENT!

THANK YOU DILLYG08:flowerforyou:

Have a great week!!!

Replies

• jomom2
    I am planning on burning 2500 calories this week. I am giving up carbs after 2pm. for lent.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    3000 calories this week, and I'm giving up soda (that's gonna be a really big sacrifice for me, but in the long run it will be a good thing!
  • jomom2
    Yesterday

burned 390 cals.

and I did great not eating carbs past 2pm. :smile:
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Joanne, you are most welcome. The best part about MFP is you will never know who will be impacted by your postings. So far, all have been motivational. Nonetheless, I have been slacking, but I'm now committed more than ever to make a difference for myself and the team for the duration of this challenge. I printed out what I want to give up and posted it this morning at my desk and later on I'll be putting a copy on my refrigerator as well.

My goal is to burn 2,800 calories which equates to 400 per day for the next 7 days.

For lent , I plan on giving up sweets and sugar. That means no candy, cookies, cakes, patries, donuts etc. I plan on getting my sugars from fruits and using creamer.

Have yourselves a wonderful and healthy week.

***I claim victory for our team for week 7 weigh in***
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Not setting bar too high this week, I have a major project and paper due this week and I just had instructions clarified yesterday.

Tues -300 cals
    Wed. 305

Hoping for 2500 this week as my treadmill is now fixed.

I don't give anything up for Lent. I'm not sure how to approach this as Lent has religious implications, not to be a downer. I will need to ponder this for a bit.
  • Liquidfeet
    Liquidfeet Posts: 62 Member
    Tuesday I burned 395 calories.
    I have given up soda and caffeine for the whole year of 2013. So far no temptation :-)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    So, I decided last night that i needed to change my lent sacrifice. I need gradually take myself off of caffeine, so rather than giving it up completely I've decided to cut back on caffeine and then get off of it by the end of the 40 days.
  • dillyg08
    Tuesday I burned 395 calories.
    I have given up soda and caffeine for the whole year of 2013. So far no temptation :-)

That is awesome. I am rooting for you. I tried the soda thing and faltered, but I gave up my true love, which is icecream and I have been victorious so far.
  • dillyg08
    So, I decided last night that i needed to change my lent sacrifice. I need gradually take myself off of caffeine, so rather than giving it up completely I've decided to cut back on caffeine and then get off of it by the end of the 40 days.

You can do it and you will.
  • dillyg08
    I am planning on burning 2500 calories this week. I am giving up carbs after 2pm. for lent.

I'll be cheering you along the way. You can do it!!!
  • eab12191
    eab12191 Posts: 129 Member
    I slacked majorly last week so I apologize for that!

My goal is to burn 3,000 calories which I almost burned last calorie challenge!

I don't participate in lent per say but I will say I will give up ice cream!
  • psychomomxs4
    psychomomxs4 Posts: 400 Member
    Tue burned 455

Wed burned 693

I don't even know what lent is...however, I do get that I'm not to have something for the rest of the week. So I won't have my glass of wine at dinner for the week.

4526527.png[/url]
  • I plan to burn at least 3,000 calories this week (starting today...Lol)

I'm attempting to give up candy. I have such a sweet tooth (Red Hots....my weapon of destruction!!! I will do my best to last the whole time.
  • dillyg08
    I plan to burn at least 3,000 calories this week (starting today...Lol)

I'm attempting to give up candy. I have such a sweet tooth (Red Hots....my weapon of destruction!!! I will do my best to last the whole time.

You can do it. We'll help each other out. I have a sweet tooth too. I am giving up sweets and candy. Lord help me... Munching on some carrots as we speak. I can see the big bowl of candy right across from my desk, but I will not fall for it.
  • psychomomxs4
    todays burn ** 552

no matter what I'm not eatin chocolate!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

4526527.png[/url]
  • neon7girl
    Current:
    Tues -300 cals
    Wed. 305
    Thursday 575

Hoping for 2500 this week as my treadmill is now fixed. :happy:

Is it bad there is nothing I "need" to give up? I have been weeding out things over the past few years that I don't have triggers any more, eat in moderation IF i decide I want it,I will have some. I am happy with how I do eat. I don't drink pop, I don't eat ice cream, I don't eat chips. I only have 1-2 cups of coffee, but some days only 1/2 a cup. I Know it seems illogical, I've not binged on anything in so long, I don't keep many snacks in the house and have a 1/2 bag of single serving cheetos that (and i love cheetos) sitting on my counter for weeks. Someday..I will finish. I've had a total attitude change about food...eat to live, not live to eat.
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    My goal for this week was 2000 calories!

Wednesday: 767 calories P90X Plyo
    Thursday: Turbo jam 563 calories.

I didn't really give up anything. I did try to give up diet soda, so let's go for that again!
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    I have not been doing anything, including eating right (the 3 lb gain) UGH! I am going to say by Monday evening next week, 1500 calories burned.

I am not sure on the whole lent thing, I need to give up a lot, I was considering giving up facebook, but it is my social getaway. When does lent actually start and end? Maybe I will just make a point to eat HEALTHIER and not nearly as much junk food.:smile:
  • psychomomxs4
    Friday 513 burned

2,714 calories burned so far this week and I still have how many days, three?

4526527.png[/url]
  • neon7girl
    Current:
    Tues -300 cals
    Wed. 305
    Thursday 575
    Friday 430
    Saturday 370

Hoping for 2500 this week as my treadmill is now fixed. :)
  • psychomomxs4
    Sat 489 burned this morning

off to see my 92 year old Aunt and do some shopping so there will be more walking so more calories will be burned for sure.

4526527.png[/url]
  • Hwardle
    Friday: Circuit Training: 232 calories
    Saturday: walked the dogs: 107
    circuit training: 226
  • dillyg08
    Zumba mid level intensity - 30 mins @ 330 cals
    Jogging speed 5.5 - 30 mins @ 530 cals
    Total 860 cals for today.
  • neon7girl
    370 Saturday workout..also added 240 this afternoon on the treadmill.
  • psychomomxs4
    I want to share this with our team it's from a friend of mine here on MFP.....

http://journey2competition.wordpress.com/2013/02/16/discipline. This is for anyone competing, thinking about competing, ... well, really, pretty much for all of you since everyone is on the site b/c they want to reach a fitness goal, and that takes discipline.

Excellent read!

4526527.png[/url]
  • Soyaknow
    Soyaknow Posts: 23 Member
    Let's bring it next week Team Dolvett - let's go for the first place win this time!!!
  • psychomomxs4
    Sun: 632 cals burned

3,829 calories burned for the week

4526527.png[/url]
  • neon7girl
    Current:
    Tues -300
    Wed. 305
    Thursday 575
    Friday 430
    Saturday 370 +240
    Sunday - rest day
    Monday 435

Total calories: 2655 :love:
  • Hwardle
    Monday: Plyo- 698 calories...I was kind of lazy doing it this time, so not as many calories burned.
  • psychomomxs4
    Mom 2/18 790 calories done in 3 sessions

4526527.png[/url]