What's Your Adventure

Options
joy4824
joy4824 Posts: 49 Member
So I thought the best way to break the ice was to find out what your Disney Adventure is and when you are going.

Personally I will be heading to California in September of this year which means I will be going to both Disneyland and California Adventure. I can't wait to be healthy and fit for that adventure.

So how about you?

Replies

• staceycanada
    Options
    We are heading back to Disney World for our 4th trip in Sept 2014.

I want to be my old self when I look at those pictures afterwards.

I also want to physically be able to walk day after day for hours.
  • potuschris
    Options
    I'm heading to WDW in two weeks on February 27. I'm hoping to enjoy the food but to not overindulge.
  • raas
    raas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We will be going for a week to DisneyWorld in Orlando, Florida in June 2013. So excited, but want to lose my baby weight so that it's not so hot!
  • j3n6i3e7
    j3n6i3e7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One week at WDW, Spring Break in March. I'm training for a 5K in April, so I'll be looking for ways to continue my running schedule while I'm there!
  • rwillms
    Options
    I'm heading to WDW in two weeks on February 27. I'm hoping to enjoy the food but to not overindulge.

I'm headed to WDW in two weeks on the 27th as well!! Have lost 18lbs so far since November, but looking to lose 5lbs more! I <3 WDW!
  • onthelam67
    Options
    DisneyWorld - May 22-27, 2013 - last trip to WDW was January 2009 and I was a lot heavier. I cannot wait to compare pictures.

I started my get fit & healthy journey in March 2011, hit my first goal of 30 lbs lost in September 2011. I maintained that goal for 19 months and just started my journey to lose another 30 lbs 3 weeks ago.
  • potuschris
    Options

I'm headed to WDW in two weeks on the 27th as well!! Have lost 18lbs so far since November, but looking to lose 5lbs more! I <3 WDW!

Haha, small world! I'll only be there for a long week, leave on March 4th. I was there in October for a long weekend and got to see a preview of the new Fantasyland - looking forward to going back and actually being able to enjoy a meal at Be Our Guest.
  • joy4824
    joy4824 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    One week at WDW, Spring Break in March. I'm training for a 5K in April, so I'll be looking for ways to continue my running schedule while I'm there!

Well it depends on where you are staying but I know that every Disney Resort in Florida has a gym attached which means you can definitely use the treadmills. But there is also the boardwalk and beach that you can run around at the Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort.
  • tlcwarner
    Options
    Our trip consists of 8 people; kids and grandkids; driving to Disney World in June. I'm heavier now than the last time we went; and I know we only have a few short months for me to stay focused on this eating plan; and exercise regime until that time comes around. Cannot wait. We're on the full dining plan, but they have healthy options at every restaurant; plus all the walking we'll do; I should be ok while there. It will be a fun time for sure. Just need to lose as much as healthfully possible. Wilderness Lodge....here we come!
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Love that there's a Disney group! My husband and I seriously started our get-fit push solely because we're off to Disneyworld May 11 - 20, 2013 and we want to be able to keep up with our granddaughter. :laugh:

Our last trip to Disneyworld was 5 or 6 years and I remember being absolutely exhausted by all the walking. Not this time. Losing the weight and off to the gym 3-4 times a week. Hardcore Disney training.
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My wife and I run a Disney website so we go yearly.

We normally go to Disneyland in CA.... we were there over Christmas and will be there a few days in June. The new Carsland is wonderful but oh so crowded.

We bought the annual pass that allows us to go to both Disneyland and Disney World so this year we will also be going to Disney World in the Fall and a Disney World/Disney Cruse trip over Christmas.

We now have Fitbits and I can't wait to see how much we really walk when there... we typically go non-stop all day.

As much as we walk at the Disney Parks I've never lost any weight there... too much bad food and alcohol.

If anyone has questions about traveling to the Disney Parks let me know.

Andy
  • NanaK57
    NanaK57 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We are headed to WDW in July. Myself and Hubby are taking our daughter, son-n-law, and all four grands. We plan on eating with the Princesses (for our 7 & 5 yrs olds). I think we are driving unless we get a cheap flight closer to time. The last time we were there our daughter was 12! I started my weight-loss journey on 12/5/12 and as of this morning, I have lost 24.2 lbs. I want to lose 50 by mid-July for our WDW trip. I have been getting on our elliptical every morning for the last 11 weeks so hopefully I will be able to keep up with the grands!
  • canadiandee
    Options
    We are headed to WDW in July. Myself and Hubby are taking our daughter, son-n-law, and all four grands. We plan on eating with the Princesses (for our 7 & 5 yrs olds). I think we are driving unless we get a cheap flight closer to time. The last time we were there our daughter was 12! I started my weight-loss journey on 12/5/12 and as of this morning, I have lost 24.2 lbs. I want to lose 50 by mid-July for our WDW trip. I have been getting on our elliptical every morning for the last 11 weeks so hopefully I will be able to keep up with the grands!

Hey, it sounds like we're in the same headspace and people space for this. Except I only have one grandchild coming. I want to have lost 50 pounds pre-Disney and it's looking quite hopeful.
  • canadiandee
    Options

Andy

Andy, what's the URL of your website? I'd love to check it out.
  • Pinkiepreppie
    Pinkiepreppie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We've been to Disney World 4 times. We stayed at Disney's Caribbean Resort our first time July 2004, All Star Music February 2006 and December/January 2008/09, and Disney's Beach Club Resort, August 2011. We planned on staying at Disney's Polynesian in August 2013, but with my daughter's Sweet 16 party coming up, we will take a less expensive trip to Cape Cod in July instead and go to Disney World sometime in 2014.

We always get the meal plan, and I eat what I want since I'm on vacation. The nice thing is that I never gain weight because of all of the walking. The only downside are the blisters on my feet at the end of the day. It really would be a treat to go to Disney World as a thin person. I haven't been thin since before my pregnancy all those years ago.
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Andy

Not sure I'm allowed to post this... if not, delete it mods.

www.DisneyMouseLinks.com

We started it after during/after our 1st trip with my son at 14 months.... we had a horrible time finding out information about traveling to Disneyland with babies/toddlers.

Andy
  • canadiandee
    Options

Andy

Not sure I'm allowed to post this... if not, delete it mods.

www.DisneyMouseLinks.com

We started it after during/after our 1st trip with my son at 14 months.... we had a horrible time finding out information about traveling to Disneyland with babies/toddlers.

Andy

Thanks Andy. We have our (nearly) three year-old granddaughter with us, so I'm sending the link to my daughter to mine for tips. :smile: