Lacking Drive

Options
Hey Folks... I am soooo lacking motivation and drive lately. We have a lot going on right now at home. Children's aid became invovled in December with my fiances ex wifes situation so we have had his 3 boys fulltime since then and I have a daughter too. My fiance works away for work so he is gone about half of the time so I have had my hands full while he is gone and when he is home it seems like never ending appointments for the kids with social workers and lawyers as we are trying to now get full custody after the concerns were raised. Anyways life is stressful and I seem to have zero time to work out between all the stuff I have to do for the kids and working fulltime! Life is crazy!!

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Sorry things are so crazy for you, but you really can only do what you can do! Try to take some time for yourself everyday and remember to breathe!
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Between "busy life",cold weather, and a health issue, I am desparately trying to keep ahead of the train rather than jumping off the track.

I will be pulling for you!
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Thanks, I know I can only do what I can do and I think I have to give myself credit for a bit at least... in the past I would have probably been way up in weight.

I just can't wait for some of this crazy stress to be over and my life to return to normal!!
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would focus on maintaining the 62lbs (awesome!) that you have already lost and when things calm down go back to your weight loss efforts. If you can at least maintain what you have lost you are winning the battle. Good luck to you. And it's great that you are stepping up to get those kids out of a bad situation.
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I can understand your pain... My husband and I have dealt with our share of ex-wife and kid issues over the past 12 yrs. it does normalize, but it will be a different normal. I know you can't do everything you were before, but it is important to do something for yourself. What do you feel is most important for maintaing your weight loss? Maybe right now focus on easing healthy food and not keeping junk in the house. Remember you are doing that for you.

Don't let everyone else's needs trample over your own well being.. Remember on the airplane you have to put your own air mask on first before help others... Translation if you run yourself ragged and are on the floor gasping for air you won't be able to help anyone.

Take care... It is a hard battle but worth it
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. It was a stressful week but I think I am still down this week! Weigh in on monday and I realized even if I don't have the time to exercise I need to watch what I eat and I can still hopefully lose. I have a little free time this weekend so I might get some exercise other than snow shovelling in!
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    LOL sooooo the real reason I guess I feel so tired an unmotivated lately is that I just found out I am pregnant!
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL sooooo the real reason I guess I feel so tired an unmotivated lately is that I just found out I am pregnant!

YEA!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :happy: