Skinny by Spring Break Challenge 2/7 Check in

Options
freedomis
freedomis Posts: 55 Member
Hey girls! How was the first week?

Check in here please and answer all the questions!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10vmx7Gj3oKsRR__SDgbdhiGSjDKlMOpHDk3Cxn12M10/viewform#start=invite

You can view the spreadsheet through this link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar4p58Mg5HWudGdmRWdRNHBjRExHbjNoYkRSc2hKV2c&usp=sharing

Thanks girls! You got this!

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    I had a good week. Down 0.6 lbs...my fat loss is certainly slowing as I near "goal". Where I used to be losing 1 lb a week, I'm much closer to only losing 0.5 lbs per week these days.
  • freedomis
    freedomis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    the most important thing is that you're still losing weight! that's all that matters!
  • Sylkwyrm
    Sylkwyrm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2lbs after getting sick last week. Here's hoping next week brings better results for me. :-S
  • DeirdreMum8
    Options
    Ugh I am with you Sylkwyrm!! After birthday celebrations and kid parties I am up two. My goal is to kick these 2 and loose 2 more by spring break.

I think setting Lent goals will help me. Giving up snacking & peanut butter. 4 meal slots in a day and then thats it no nibbles that end up being a pound over a week. Peanut butter because well, who eats 1 tbs of peanut butter? Not this girl:laugh:
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options
    I hear that Lucy! Peanut butter is *so* yummy and *so* high in calories. :-( I'm not catholic but I think I may give up peanut butter for Lent too! ;-) Great idea!
  • kittycollins7
    kittycollins7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i am down 1.4 pounds, i need to stay away from late night snacks!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Why did I do that? Why did I add back in all that cardio??

Oh, yes...I remember....after my Mexican vacation, I PANICKED at the number I saw on the scale and immediately regimented myself into 4 x weekly cardio along with my 3 x weekly weight-lifting.

So dumb. I mean, it *felt* so super-smart at the time! But, frankly, I should have REALLY thought this thing through.

So, anyway, here I am doing the cardio-bunny routine T/Th/Sat/Sun and, of course, the Venus routine M/W/F. And, WHAT do I have to show for it??

NUTHIN. NOT A FRIGGIN THING. I weigh 147 lbs. That is 0.4 lbs MORE than a week ago. And, frankly, that's a WHOPPING 2 lbs LESS than January 1st, 2013.

So dumb.

What *was* working for me was doing my weight-training 3 x weekly and doing one day of cardio (Saturdays)....I was losing approx. 1 lb per week from Oct - Dec doing THAT.

Forget cardio. Just forget it. It DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. Not that it EVER did....

So, despite the fact I entered into a February 'streak' challenge (i.e. to create a "streak" of how many days, in a row, I could work-out....) cardio is OFFICIALLY OFF THE TABLE.

If you EVER read my posts and I do the "I wonder if I should add back my cardio", just f*cking STOP ME and kick me in the rectum. HARD.

For real.
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options
    What are you doing for cardio Beeps? Sometimes the body can get used to one type of exercise and become more efficient at it meaning that you burn less calories. I started switching what type of cardio I do at the gym (bicycle, treadmill, stair-climber, and elliptical) each week and I noticed much better results.

Something you *don't* see when you are doing cardio is how it strengthens your heart and helps prevent heart disease. That's important too!

Maybe you shouldn't give up on Cardio completely Beeps....?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I don't think I'm very good at my cardio, right now....but, yes, I do step-cardio every Saturday. For sure my body is pretty used to that - this one I keep just because I love it and get to see my friends!

I do rowing for weight-training warm-up. I've only been rowing for about 3 months. And, since it's only 3 mins, I don't care either way about this.

I hate the bikes, so stay off them as much as I can - although I did HIIT on the bike all through 2012.

I've never been on a treadmill. They look pretty boring.

So, yes, my "default" is the elliptical trainer.

I'll never give up on cardio altogether - I'm asthmatic, so I *need* some cardio. But 60 mins 1 x per week will be plenty since I'm focusing on fat loss and Venus shape, not endurance (which I don't care, at all, about).
  • Sylkwyrm
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you are not giving up on cardio completely! Yay! :-)
    BTW: I used to hate the treadmill and it would hurt my knees and hips. I would make a deal with myself and do the treadmill until I started to hurt and then go do something else. My knees and hips have strengthened and now treadmill is one of my favorites. ;-) It can be fun to switch up your usual routine and even if it doesn't work perfectly the first time, you can always try again.

I think it is super awesome that you work out so much Beeps and are so dedicated!
    Keep up the great work!