What are your goal calories?

Options
Since we are gastric bypass patients how many calories are you eating per day to loose regained weight? I notice this tool has me aiming for 1200 cals. I find myself eating less than that. Also, are you suppose to eat what you burn with exercise? I'm thinking that I shouldn't eat what I burned. I'm afraid to go to low because it says your body will go into starvation mode and store the fat.

Replies

• XxMarcella85xX
    XxMarcella85xX Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My dietician said for me to eat 1200 to 1300 calories and to not eat back exercise calories.
  • XxMarcella85xX
    XxMarcella85xX Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My dietician said for me to eat 1200 to 1300 calories and to not eat back exercise calories.
  • Kim061865
    Options
    Thanks, Marcella! Myfittness has me aiming for 1200. I usually get right below that, and I haven't been eating back the cals!
  • nitabean47
    nitabean47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    MFP has me aiming for 1550! I am always under.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    i have this same question spent a couple hours on OH and it wasnt anywhere i could find, i really need help with this, i know what i should eat(IPOARM) and my RMR and TDEE, but i know the RNY messes that up , i have never had the "mazing loss" others did from my surgery..
  • isthereafreeusername
    isthereafreeusername Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that you gals are eating 1200 and staying under. I am barely managing to stay at 1600. However, I guess body size and height plays into this, even for us post-ops. I am 5'9" with a large frame. I'll let you know how this goes for me.

I do love logging my food intake here. The tools are great.

Let's all try to help each other, OK?

Carla
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed that you gals are eating 1200 and staying under. I am barely managing to stay at 1600. However, I guess body size and height plays into this, even for us post-ops. I am 5'9" with a large frame. I'll let you know how this goes for me.

I do love logging my food intake here. The tools are great.

Let's all try to help each other, OK?

Carla
    same here i aim for 1600, because i walk or bike daily(now- not before)
    im not "super tall" 5 ft 6 ..
  • kimbatwl
    kimbatwl Posts: 7
    Options
    I try to shoot for what this program has me at with the target weight I entered. some days are better than others and I also try not to eat the exercise cal. burned off but sometimes I do.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    New to the group and glad to see this post. I was wondering the same thing. You can't ask a question like this on the main boards because people will jump all over the 1200 calorie goal. Most don't get that it's very different for post-wls people or just some people in general. I'm also set to 1200 and usually don't hit it. I'm 8 years post-op and also doing a 2 day a week fasting diet.