Willpower

Options
Cannot believe how hard it is for me to tell myself no!!

Every night between the hours of 8 and 10 all i want to do is pig out :(

Any tips on how to overcome this feeling?

Replies

• LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How about creating a distraction from food, something to keep you busy which will not allow snacking whilst you're doing whatever it is. For example I enjoy sewing and quilting, if I'm busy with that I don't get tempted to snack in fact I don't even think about snacking because I'm too focussed on something else. I find sitting infront of the TV is a killer, all I want to do then is snack - think it's boredom more than anything else.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

Go on MSE and enter some comps :wink: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, those used to be my binging hours. Now I conquer those hours by having my supper by 8 and not allowing myself anything after that time. I find I'm able to say no to all food, rather than have a little of something, which always makes me want more. If I do get a craving or get hungry I'll have a cup of tea to keep me going til the morning.
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Go on MSE and enter some comps :wink: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

MSE my second fav site : )
  • Pychcia
    Pychcia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem :frown: so I do the same things like some other members already said:wink: I try to distract myself with browsing internet in such place in the house so I cant be bother to get up and go to kitchen to look for snacks and have glass of water beside me so if i start thinking about food I sip the water and my treat is "milky" tea:wink: I save some milk from my daily allowance, approx. 60ml and add it to a really strong cup of tea and if i have cravings for something sweet then add 1-2 tablets (how do you call them???) of sweetener. It's like cheating on my own cravings, isn't it:laugh:
    Also, as I love sweets, I found Weight Watchers caramel or raspberry mallows wafers great solutions, only 55 cal per sandwich, well they are full of sugar but no fat:wink:
    Hope this helps :flowerforyou: