Neet Cycling display from Wahoo Fitness

Options
djdube525
djdube525 Posts: 69 Member
This may be old news...

For those with iPhone 4S or 5 devices that don't want their phones to brave the elements, Wahoo Fitness now has a bluetooth compatible bike display that you can use to link to your iDevice.

http://gigaom.com/2013/02/13/wahoos-new-rflkt-is-a-second-screen-iphone-bike-computer/

Replies

• cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I have the Wahoo 'Bike Kit' which includes the phone holder with the ANT+ sensor fitted etc. However, it is very bulky on the stem; especially with the back-up battery 'piggy backed' on to it too.

This little display module looks great, but I'd still have to carry the phone, in its case somewhere else for it to work...

Maybe a bit 'belt and braces' for me???

Perhaps this unit is more for the newer 'Bluetooth' speed, cadence and HR monitors?
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is very cool. Of course, it comes out just after I buy the Lifeproof case and bike mount (Lifeproof is the best one out there in my opinion). However, the Wahoo display is not that cheap at $130.
  • drpleiades
    drpleiades Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have one of these on the way right now, I currently have the bluetooth speed/candence and hr strap. I like to keep as much as I can in one place, and since I have my phone with me always seemed the best way to track my cycling and running. It should get here tomorrow, if anyone is interested I can post pictures etc if they want.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I saw that. My first complaint was that the screen was too small.

But I'm also a data junkie who things the Garmin 800 and the Joule don't show enough fields ;-)