Do you count yoga?

Options
rosy003
rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
Do you count prenatal yoga in your exercise? I have been counting it under "stretching, hatha yoga" but I really doubt that what I do burns 70 calories in 30 minutes. Should I just leave it out? I would like to keep track of the minutes though. Thoughts?

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I've counted but at 1 calorie a minute or less.......then keeping in mind that it could be much lower :wink:
  • kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always count it...but I undercut considerably what MFP populates for total calories.
    My yoga class is pretty intense I might add.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Third trimester yoga totally counts. It was a workout just getting my butt up the stairs to the yoga studio at that point.
  • lucky_1207
    lucky_1207 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Third trimester yoga totally counts. It was a workout just getting my butt up the stairs to the yoga studio at that point.

Haha, I know exactly you mean. Even though my pregnancg yoga is nowhere near as intense as the workouts I used to do, it completely killed my legs yesterday doing just 3 lunges on each leg!!!

But I don't count calories burnt on yoga class, I don't think I burn enough anyway. If I want to eat extra calories on the day, I don't want to fool myself that I burned it work yoga. It's like finding an excuse. But that's my opinion.
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I add whatever MFP gives me credit for, but just because it's there doesn't mean I have to actually eat them back. Although I try and set up each day with my food journals, sometimes I don't stick to them and then any modifications I make to my day doesn't always get input. I just use it as a guideline to make sure my macros are reasonably met and that I'm eating enough.
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Heck yes, I add my yoga class to my exercise! I do subtract time from the class to account for the meditation and slow warm up, so when I take a 90 minute class, I log it as 60 mins. Its not a perfect system, but I like reflecting on the past couple of weeks to see how often I exercised etc.