Riding Songs

Options
capnrus789
capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
It's about time to hook the bike up to the indoor trainer. I'm looking for some suggestions of songs to ride to, to help keep my pace. I'm not a roadie, but I did manage to put 500+ miles over the summer, so I'm not a beginner either. I have a mountain bike with a road tire in the back. Just looking for suggestions.

Replies

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge dance-type music fan, but I do find DeadMau3 helps keep the pace. On the other hand, The Descedents "Coffee Mug" is a great 30 second blast to do intervals too...
  • vldz
    vldz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys im pretty new to road biking but i zone out when i listen to Dubstep. sometimes its good to zone out bc you stop feeling the burning in your legs.other than that i listen to radio
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    New Noise (live) by Refused.

Radio Protector by 65daysofstatic (instrumental that just plain rules).

Rearviewmirror by Pearl Jam

Everlong by the Foo Fighters

St. Anger by Metallica (some may say no but I like it).
  • jkrobertson1998
    jkrobertson1998 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    GO HARD BY LECRAE
  • Eons44
    Eons44 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Led Zeppelin never fails
  • dtpss188
    Options
    One of my roller workouts I call the "highway to hell" because I ride the rollers through AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" disc. It's about 45 minutes long.
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Someone had turned me on to a site called http://www.rockmyrun.com/
    Has a bunch of different styles of mixes starting at about 30 minutes and go up from there.
    Some great ones there.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Hard intervals session - Ramones Greatest Hits compilation - probably about 40 x 30 to 90 second blitzes :laugh:
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    you can just watch teen mom 2 while riding. you'll go faster to make more noise to drown out the painful conversation.
  • beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Chemical Brothers - Believe, Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy, The Prodigy - The Trick, Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down (Aggro mix and Digitalism Mix), VCMG - Aftermaths (Alvo Noto Remix), Fluke - Atom Bomb (Atomix 1), Westbam - Bam Bam Bam (Club Mix), Da Octopuss - Balieue 13, How To Destroy Angels - BBB, Orbital - Beelzebub (Live At Maida Vale), Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun 2000 (Rob Searle Remix), Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats, Crystal Method - Why So Serious, IAM - Demain, C'est Loin, Daft Punk - Derezzed (The Glitch Mob Remix), Empirion - Big Time, Chemical Brothers - Escape 700, Daft Punk - Fall (M83 v Big Black Delta Remix), Faithless - Insomnia (Monster Mix), Knife Party - Internet Friends, Skrillex - Kyoto, Chemical Brothers - Leave Home, Liquid - Liquid is liquid (Red Jerrys Epic journey in to dub - 11m version), Garbage - Milk (Massive Attack Remix), The Prodigy - Mindfield (Hardrock Dub), Da Octopusss - Motors, Brainbug - Nightmare (Sinister Strings Mix), Depeche Mode - Painkiller (Plastikman Remix), Jonny L - PBX, Underworld - Pearls Girl, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Alex Metric Remix Edit), Amoebaassassin - Piledriver (Greyed Out Mix), One Inch Punch - Pretty Peice of Flesh, The Prodigy - Rat Poison, Front 242 - Rhythm of Time (Live), Delphic - Submission, Clint Mansell - Summer: Party, Deadmau5 - Superliminal, Recoil - The Killing Ground (Solid State Mix), CJ Bolland - The Prophet, The Chromatics - Tick of the Clock, The Normal - Warm Leatherette, Evil Nine - You Are Not Through.

That should keep you going for a while!!!
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    If you really want to zone out whie on the trainer check out the sufferfest videos at www.thesufferfest.com They will really help you to keep pace and the time flies by...they also have great soundtracks in the videos.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Flogging Molly!
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6U73NH1Ecc

what cyclings all about...
  • boosht
    boosht Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have any of you ever heard of a site called "podrunner " ?? it's mixes ranging from interval's up to full on hour long mixes of constant BPM. you can use a Apple download to twist up any mix to any speed, but the dj's set BPM for certain mixes (i.e more voice less voice more beats etc..)

if you never heard of it go and try it out and if you like it and it works for you support it.

http://www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    You can also search for workout music on youtube and find various mixes that last for various times - up to 60 mintues.
  • coffeechaser
    Options
    I tend to only listen to music when I'm running or on the elliptical trainer. When I ride inside, I like to listen to one of the Velocast podcasts. It motivates me....and I can fantasize I'm pedaling up the hills of Milan-San Remo (though slightly warmer and dryer than this weekend's race).
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Everlong by the Foo Fighters

That's one of my favorite running songs, just like The Pretender by FF as well :P

Now, when riding my bike, I reaaaally enjoy "I don't wanna stop" by Ozzy :D