Introduction

Options
Just so people can get to know each other a little better lets introduce ourselves.

My name is Stacey, I have 2 children ages 3 years and 6 months. I only gained 8 lbs with my second pregnancy due to a restricted diet because I had gallstones. I lost 31 lbs after having my son and gained back 10 because I had surgery and got my gallbladder removed and was so happy not to have such a restricted diet I over did it a little I still have about 25-30 lbs I would like to lose and having the support of fellow mothers would help. Anyone who wants to add me feel free.

Replies

• MegMorgan182
    MegMorgan182 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. I'm 30 years old and 6 weeks pregnant with my first. I have always struggled with my weight so I am going to do my best not to blow up like a whale during this pregnancy, for my health as well as the baby's health. I was up to 200 lbs last winter and had gotten down to 174 but back up to 181 before I got pregnant. I would really like to not gain any weight but I know that's probably impossible. My appetite has been huge not only because of the baby but because I had to stop taking my adderall and depression meds which help to supress my appetite a bit as well... yep... so I need help!
  • StaceyMayfonz
    StaceyMayfonz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan. I'm 30 years old and 6 weeks pregnant with my first. I have always struggled with my weight so I am going to do my best not to blow up like a whale during this pregnancy, for my health as well as the baby's health. I was up to 200 lbs last winter and had gotten down to 174 but back up to 181 before I got pregnant. I would really like to not gain any weight but I know that's probably impossible. My appetite has been huge not only because of the baby but because I had to stop taking my adderall and depression meds which help to supress my appetite a bit as well... yep... so I need help!
    I only gained 8 lbs during my pregnancy due to not eating beef, other meats high in fat, or snacks that contained over 3 grams of fat. I also did not eat anything fried. I was on a very strict diet due to gallstones and my doc was never worried about my lack of weight gain because I was 185 lbs to start with and she knew about my stick diet. It is probably impossible to not gain any weight during pregnancy and my way is not necessarily the way to go especially since it was really difficult but as long as you try to stay on the healthier side when you eat you should be able to keep your weight from getting too high. Example if you find you need to snack try celery or an apple (any fruit or veggie really) instead of junk food. I know it is hard but like you said you will do what is best for you and the baby.
  • huncar
    huncar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Jesica and I will be 30 years old in less than 2 weeks. I have 2 boys: age 4 1/2 years and 10 1/2 months. My second boy was born through emergency c section...he was 9lbs 12 ounces. I gained 50lbs with my second child and have been struggling trying to find time to exercise. The last 10 lbs has been the hardest. I breastfeed up to the 6 month which was extremely helpful..but then my supply went and I felt it was time to switch to formula. I joined my fittness pal and has lost 4 1/2 pounds but it took 3 months...yikes...but im sure it will come in time:0