starting monday

Options
So I will be starting week 1 Monday (Feb. 11th), and I'm only waiting because its with a group of ladies at church, or else I would have started a week ago when I got my books. Anyone else just starting, or anyone in the journey already and have any advice to pass on?

Replies

• maggie027
    maggie027 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind starting over myself.

Let's do it.

:smile:
  • ctweedie607
    ctweedie607 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hope your 'first day' is going awesome! I just started too (on Saturday). I knew in my heart I needed to make some changes and started doing a little online searching for 'tools' to help me and I came across the "Made To Crave" book, and MyFitnessPal. The book so inspirational and is helping me stay on track - focusing more on God and less on food! This is day 3 for me and I've stayed at (or slightly below) my calorie target each day (well, today is only half over but I know I can do it!). My trouble is exercise... haven't prayed about that one enough yet I guess.

My church also does small groups (life groups we call them), and I would love to bring this one to the ladies in my church. Interested in hearing how your group is doing this, and what we can learn from you - are you each just reading the book and discussing the questions, or is there different material for this purpose?

I'm so excited that He is walking with me on this journey, as I know I couldn't do it alone.
  • maggie027
    maggie027 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A friend and I are starting over with it. We began in the late fall, but got sidetracked with the holidays. We actually will meet later in the week to watch the dvd session and kick off officially. I have the regular book and also the participant guide (workbook).

Have you been to www.madetocrave.org? There are lots of resources available there.

So, Week 1
    > EMPOWERED is our word for the week.

I'm praying for you two! Praying for all of us to experience a true heart-change in this area of our lives.

:heart:
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies glad we are all on this path together, in our group we watch the video together then discuss it, it's amazing how "un-alone" I am in my feelings about food and failure. I am more excited now after seeing week 1's video then I was before. I am so excited to be going through this process not only with ladies from my church but also with all of you on here.
  • vmlooper
    Options
    I haven't started yet, just bought the devotional on amazon and would love to join you all. My church did a samll group last year but I couldn't attend.
  • seligcrystal
    seligcrystal Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Week one is almost over, and its been a good week, maybe not weight wise but cravings wise it has. I had a craving the other night that went onto the following day, I was trying to stay away from candy since the next day was valentines and I knew what we were planning with pure kids, but that didn't make the craving any better, telling myself I can't have something usually turns into me over indulging and feeling crappy about it, but I prayed about it and did one of the lessons in the book and I made it thru the night and the following day. I was very proud of myself I enjoyed valentines day, and I still didn't have any candy, I did have ice cream cake which is what we planned, but my craving was gone and it felt great!
  • vmlooper
    vmlooper Posts: 19
    Options
    Well, I got the devotional and just finished day 6. So far I like what I am reading. I have kinda forced myself to read it every morning just after my alarm clock goes off. I want to be able to look at the scale and not be upset when i am not losing weight. I am going to try and base my self-worth on being a child of God. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • vmlooper
    vmlooper Posts: 19
    Options
    EPIC fail... this week I saw under 200lbs for the first time. I was so excited but only to be dissapointed by weighing 201.6lbs the following day. I was angry. Today I got on the scale and now I weigh 203.6lbs. Today I started crying. I have kept my calories in check, had 2 very intense work outs this week and feel like it just isn't fair.

I feel like I am struggling to believe that God is control and that even though I know my self worth is from God that I can't kick the scale out of my mind. I am being honest and not cheating, so what gives? What's even more dissapointing is that I know I shouldn't feel this way. Everything in the Made to Crave devotional is telling me that I have a problem with significance craving. That I should focus on God and not this world.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my struggles with you all. Hope that everyone other is still doing ok.
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    EPIC fail... this week I saw under 200lbs for the first time. I was so excited but only to be dissapointed by weighing 201.6lbs the following day. I was angry. Today I got on the scale and now I weigh 203.6lbs. Today I started crying. I have kept my calories in check, had 2 very intense work outs this week and feel like it just isn't fair.

I feel like I am struggling to believe that God is control and that even though I know my self worth is from God that I can't kick the scale out of my mind. I am being honest and not cheating, so what gives? What's even more dissapointing is that I know I shouldn't feel this way. Everything in the Made to Crave devotional is telling me that I have a problem with significance craving. That I should focus on God and not this world.

Anyhow, just thought I would share my struggles with you all. Hope that everyone other is still doing ok.

My advice take it or leave it...
    Stay off the scale for 2 weeks, yes 2. You keep eating right be accountable, try to add one more exercise per week if you can, and crave God. Read His word, share Him with others and love.... Then in 2 weeks no matter what, know that God is in control and He loves you very much. Be healthy...

Ephesians3: 16-20
    16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
    20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Hang in there girl you got this, all in God's time.