Hi I'm New :)

Options
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to write a quick introduction. I'm 27 years old, and live in Western NY. I have over 50lbs to lose. The reason I am eating gluten/wheat free is because through experimenting in the past I know it has helped improve my allergies/sinus issues, digestive and bowel issues. My BF has even commented to me that when I tried a few week trial period in the summer as well as a few years ago did well on eating this way for months but fell off the wagon per say.

I know from some of the benefits, my BF says I do not snore like I normally do when I eat wheat/gluten. We suspect I have sleep apnea since I snore so bad, but it is interesting that I barely snore when I do limit them. I do suspect I have food allergies, but I just received my insurance last week so I am hoping to find out other food allergies.

So I'm still learning what I can/can't eat or how to replace meals with better options, so I'm looking for friends. :)

Replies

• tralowen
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group also, I am new to gluten free living. My daughter and i have been told we are gluten sensitive and my sister has celiac disease. hopefully the posts will help in my desire to gain knowledge and help others. i have found a good gluten free bar with lots of protien...quest bars.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been GF for two years. I've never been diagnosed, but I know that I am at least gluten intolerant. :) I'm always open to helping. :) Welcome!
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I too have self-diagnosed myself with a gluten allergy. When I eat it, I get a rash and my throat closes up...I figure that's a good sign :-P. If you need any help, encouragement or whatever, let me know.

Feel free to add me as a friend here if you like.

Best wishes on your journey!
  • CurlyGlitterChicken
    Options
    I'm experimenting with ditching gluten. I wouldn't have thought I was sensitive to it, but after a week off gluten, I ate a bunch of pita bread and felt like I'd been hit by a truck for about three days afterward. So clearly gluten isn't doing me any favors.

I'm looking for cheerleaders, so feel free to add me. :smile:
  • jennybear4041
    Options
    Hi All -- Also a newbie here. This is week three of GF for me. I am negative for celiac, but while reviewing my food journal, I noticed that when I ate a larger amount of wheat, I would have tummy problems.

So far, I haven't really done much besides stopped eating the regular wheat things. I think we'll start experimenting with GF processed foods a bit, but more likely, I'm interested in making our own.

Feel free to add me -- my diary is open to my friends.