Braxton-Hicks

Options
vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
When did you start feeling them? I have been getting some pretty strong ones, usually mid-morning and early evening for a few weeks now. I am 25 weeks. I don't remember getting them like this with my first two, but that was a while ago, so maybe I just forgot. I plan to bring it up in my appointment Monday. Just wondering if anyone else is getting them so early.

Replies

• ToFatToBeSick
    Options
    I've been having them since about 18 weeks. I'm 27 weeks now.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I started having them at 14 weeks with this one, caught me totally by surprise. Asked my doctor and she said that it's totally normal lol.
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy they started around 20 weeks. The next it was by 16 weeks, and the last two by 12 weeks! So they get earlier with me each time.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Well then, maybe I am not going crazy! Some of these take my breath away already!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I don't remember them at all with my first pregnancy, but I get them all the time. And by all the time I mean 2-3x/day, but they can be tense (not painful, just TIGHT), so it seems like all the time.

I've been having them since probably 15 or 16 weeks, and I've been told that they are normal so long as they don't hurt. I find that if I have to pee, I'm more likely to have them, and if I haven't had enough water, I'm more likely to have them.

I guess there's a delicate balance between not being dehydrated and not being so hydrated that you have to pee constantly.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This is my first pregnancy and I think I first felt them at 20 weeks. I'm 31 weeks now and they're coming more frequently (about 2-3 times a day).
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I never had any (that I realised, anyway) with my first. I kept witing for them, but it never happened. Haven't had any with this pregnancy yet either (18 weeks).
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This is my first and I've felt what I think are Braxton-hicks contractions but I'm not quite sure.....it just feels tight and like baby's head is pressing down hard or something (since they told me he's head down right now!). I think I first felt one at 20 weeks but they aren't that frequent (or maybe I just don't always notice them)....when I have one it's usually in the middle of the night or at the end of a workout.