Weekly Chat 2/10 - 2/16

Options
2»

Replies

• jbdowns35
    Options
    Well, Valentines Day was a complete bust. It was supposed to be a LC day for me. I ate on plan all day & then when evening rolled around, I blew off my workout cuz I had to run some errands & was short on time. Then my husband brought home a box of chocolates even tho I told him not to. So I got a "screw it" attitude & skipped cooking & ordered take out from Applebees - some kind of quesadilla burger & fries....plus ate a few chocolates. It tasted good going down, but man, did I feel like crap after!!!! I was so full & bloated & discusted with myself!!! Plus I was so thirsty I couldn't stand it!!! Must have been all that sodium...I kept chugging water, which made it worse cuz I didn't have room in my belly for water. The grease & the salt in that meal made me feel so crappy....yuck!!! It's pretty amazing how bad food just doesn't taste good anymore.

Another reason why CTL just fits good for me. In the past when I got the "screw it" attitude, Sometimes it would last for days, even weeks & then I would struggle to get back to healty eating & exercising...usually after gaining several pounds. With CTL, I make one bad food choice & I'm discusted with myself & can't wait to get back to eating CTL & working out. It just feels like the perfect healthy lifestyle guidelines. I'm loving it.
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A maintain this week for me. A little bummed, but I'm doing what I should be doing, so I'm sure the scale will move eventually. I AM down 5.5 inches since January 1st, so that feels good! :happy: I've had a minor stomach ache the past two days, so maybe something is going on there and figuring into the scale. No worries.

Moving on and moving forward! Not going to let the scale derail my progress! Hope that you all have a very happy Friday! My workout is done and time to get on with my day. Take care!

--Christine :flowerforyou:
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Babe: Thanks so much for your response and motivation. I understand better now, I'll continue to try. Thanks a lot!
  • Well, Valentines Day was a complete bust. It was supposed to be a LC day for me. I ate on plan all day & then when evening rolled around, I blew off my workout cuz I had to run some errands & was short on time. Then my husband brought home a box of chocolates even tho I told him not to. So I got a "screw it" attitude & skipped cooking & ordered take out from Applebees - some kind of quesadilla burger & fries....plus ate a few chocolates. It tasted good going down, but man, did I feel like crap after!!!! I was so full & bloated & discusted with myself!!! Plus I was so thirsty I couldn't stand it!!! Must have been all that sodium...I kept chugging water, which made it worse cuz I didn't have room in my belly for water. The grease & the salt in that meal made me feel so crappy....yuck!!! It's pretty amazing how bad food just doesn't taste good anymore.

Another reason why CTL just fits good for me. In the past when I got the "screw it" attitude, Sometimes it would last for days, even weeks & then I would struggle to get back to healty eating & exercising...usually after gaining several pounds. With CTL, I make one bad food choice & I'm discusted with myself & can't wait to get back to eating CTL & working out. It just feels like the perfect healthy lifestyle guidelines. I'm loving it.

Yeah, I did fine until my husband brought home chinese food for dinner. Of course I didn't help by making these really good strawberry pastries and having one! Today's a new day though! We're going to a fish-fry for dinner, but they have salad, baked fish, and potatoes. Today is a HC day for me. Keep on keepin' on everyone!!! :drinker: (and drinking water!!!)
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you guys had a great Valentines day. :) Some days are "screw it" days. Yesterday was one for me. It should have been LC... but it ended up being an "I'm sick" day instead. Lots of saltine crackers, because that is all that sounded good. I did manage to get my veggies in though, so it wasn't all bad. :)

Today I get to announce that I am officially down 51 pounds since I started in June!!! 10 pounds to go and I'm in "Onderland" once again! Woot Woot! I would be down more, but I think all the carbs, and extra water (but not extra bathroom time) inflated my weight this morning. I'm shooting for a "perfect" week this week with my challenge, so hopefully I can shed any water weight that I might have accumulated... But today, I'm focusing on kicking this headache and resting with my hubby. Maybe I'll go for a run tonight since I didn't yesterday.
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you guys had a great Valentines day. :) Some days are "screw it" days. Yesterday was one for me. It should have been LC... but it ended up being an "I'm sick" day instead. Lots of saltine crackers, because that is all that sounded good. I did manage to get my veggies in though, so it wasn't all bad. :)

Today I get to announce that I am officially down 51 pounds since I started in June!!! 10 pounds to go and I'm in "Onderland" once again! Woot Woot! I would be down more, but I think all the carbs, and extra water (but not extra bathroom time) inflated my weight this morning. I'm shooting for a "perfect" week this week with my challenge, so hopefully I can shed any water weight that I might have accumulated... But today, I'm focusing on kicking this headache and resting with my hubby. Maybe I'll go for a run tonight since I didn't yesterday.

Congratulations! Way to go!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Way to go Babe!