Need Some Friends!

Hi all!
I have plenty of friends in real life. I love them. They are not the best at motivating me to lost my last 10 pounds! They like to drink and eat and aren't that interested in exercising. In fact, I'm going out tonight with some for sushi. Looks like I'll be hitting the gym a bit harder tomorrow.

I would love to have a few friends to "talk" about the struggles, etc. for reaching my final goal and to help me not to sabotage myself like I always do when I'm this close!

Here is some information about me!

Current weight: 141
Goal weight: 132

I have two boys, ages 3 and 5 and I'm a stay at home Mom who sometimes works in video and television production.
I was always a chunky kid (with some bouts of being WAY to skinny from not eating). I joined weight watchers in 2001 and lost about 40 pounds and mostly kept it off and/or lost it between having my children. I have gone to the gym almost every day for the last 2 years. I noticed some weight creeping back on and hired a personal trainer and nutritionist who has helped me lost 15 pounds and taught me some things I never knew about food. I would LOVE to see myself at my goal weight and I would LOVE to help you reach yours!

I'm a great motivator!

Tell me a bit about yourself... maybe we could be a good team!

Replies

• Hi @brunchstress go ahead and add me!

Current weight: 167
    Goal weight: 150 (or a body like JLo either will do)

I have a son and daughter 17 and 16 and work in the legal industry. I have also done weight watchers and other things as well, but boxing is where I finally hit my stride and began to enjoy working out. This year I accomplished 3 half marathons (so far) and last year a triathlon. I am on MFP daily and love motivating people and giving kudos and advice where needed.
  • larsofrock99
    larsofrock99 Posts: 13 Member
    Me too! I have the same problem with friends, sushi and drinking ahah. Also my current job encourages a lifestyle of drinking, staying out late, and workaholism which has contributed to me gaining about 15 pounds since I started (though i'll be quitting soon!)

Age 30
    CW: 135 (24% bodyfat)
    GW: 123 (19% bodyfat)
  • Hey Everyone!
    Thanks for all of the support so far. I'm down to 138 and loving the site. I went to my 25 year grade school reunion this weekend in some great tight jeans and a sleeveless shirt and felt amazing! So many woman were out of shape and saggy.

I hope you guys are doing well, too!

I'm still looking for support for those last 6 pounds.

Send me a note if you'd like to be friends!
  • GenFo
    GenFo Posts: 124 Member
    Hello ladies!

I've been on here a few months and could use some friends with similar goals too.

Age 36
    SW 165
    CW 144 (ugh it was 141 two weeks ago)
    GW 135 (so close and yet so far away)

I'm married with a 7 year old son and I work full time. I'm an American but live in the UK. My weight has been up and down and up and down. I have been struggling between 138 and 144 for a few months now but my clothing sizes have gone down steadily and I keep telling myself it isn't all about the scale. I really enjoy working out and love to see the way my body responds, but I also love food (and drink) so I'm trying to find a healthy balance.

Thanks for starting this thread!
  • sarac7620
    sarac7620 Posts: 20 Member
    Me too, my family and friends and my ex boyfriends all associate food with love and being sociable so it's hard to stick to a plan but MFP is really helping
    SW: 181lbs
    CW: 141lbs
    GW: 126- 133 lbs

Iwant to get to 9 and a half and if I'm happy at that weight Ill just focus on maintaining, if not, I'll lose a few more, HOPEFULLY :)
    Feel free to add me
  • I've been trying to break 140 on the scale for the longest time! My CW is 146 and when I talk about it to friends and family I just hear that Im not overweight.I know I don't need to loose massive amounts, I just want to tone up! Ugh so frustrating, so I'm doing this by myself and have support from people at the gym I work at but could always use some more "fitness friends"!
  • moonsammy
    moonsammy Posts: 5 Member
    Same here, i would really love to have some new "fitness" friends on here. My friends are awesome, and i love them, but few are into exersize and are actively trying to loose weight. I recently did a "Bod Pod" assessment and found that although my weight has remained the same over the last year, i gained 4% of body fat which is very frustrating.

I am very short, so the number on the scale doesn't tell my story. I love to run, box, do pilates, and swim. I am really striving to reach 17% body fat, which is an aggressive goal, but for someone who has always been chunky, I just want to feel good and look it too.

I weighed around 140 for most of my adult life, at 5 feet tall, and peaked at 145. At age 30, i went Vegan and shed about 20 pounds. Awesome. Then i stalled, and was fine with that. I am active and healthy.......but when i recently learned i gained body fat (and apparently lost muscle) i had to make some changes. I also hurt my knee running and learned that i really needed to add muscular strength, especially core strength. I am now focusing on even more nutrient dense food, more Pilates, and started lifting weights (ugg).

I would love to have a group of friends on here to cheer on and to cheer me on!

Height - 5 feet
    SW: 145
    CW: 116.5 (approx. 26% body fat)
    GW: 105(?) (17% body fat).
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Hello. My name is David and I'm a 58-year-old man. I am fudging a bit to join this group in that I am actually about 19 pounds away from my goal, but originally I set my goal five pounds higher, so I am 14 pounds away from that goal. My journey started in July of 2012 at 280 pounds. I have done very well and gotten to 194.6 (as of today). I set 175 as my goal weight and while it technically keeps me classified as "overweight" it is less than I have weighed since 9th grade. I have told those that ask that my basic plan is 1) eat better 2) eat less and 3) exercise more. I have done all three and now truly relish the opportunity to work out, or at least be active. Here's a quick summary:

Height: 5'9 1/4"
    SW: 280
    GW: 175
    CW: 194.6