Day 6 _ do you have any fear foods? ...

Options
Day 6: Do you have any fear foods? If so, post a picture of them here. Yep, have the picture on your blog, and try to stop being scared of these foods.

CORNFLAKES

126g1g9.jpg
**I stole this picture from the internet because I couldn't be bothered to take my own photo.**

It might seem like an odd food to fear, but cornflakes are like a "gateway" food into binging for me.
Because cereal is healthier than chocolate and biscuits, I think I'm being sensible by having a bowl of cornflakes. But one bowl turns into two, and two turns into three, and before I know it, I've moved onto other food.

Replies

• star_sprite
    star_sprite Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second the cereal. but it really is any cereal. It is a horrible trigger food for me and just makes me crave more.
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My fear food is pretty much anything in my pantry....carbs, carbs, carbs. Crackers, pretzels, chips. Staying strong so far!

On a positive note....I have replaced my "fear foods" with almonds and raisins....I can't just remove all temptation...I have to replace with healthier options.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    bread/ bagels

they are high carbs and in fat. it makes me afraid to eat them
  • star_sprite
    star_sprite Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    nut butters. I ate so much almond butter today. It is addictive and I can have so much more than the serving size...I need to stop buying it.
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would say any unhealthy food or snack filled with carbs :/ I am a sucker for that I know. Chocolate is probably my biggest trigger. So I try to keep it out of the house because I am scared that I would give in :(
  • stackah
    stackah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of fear foods. I don't have pictures of them all.

Cheese - I love cheese, and it can be a healthy choice when consumed in moderation. But I often overdo it.

Miniature anything - Like those small size candy bars. The smaller something is, the more likely I will eat a ton of it.

Chips - I love salty, crunchy foods, and if I open a bag and start munching, I can easily eat the whole bag.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i don't have any fear foods. not sure why i don't fear the foods i binge on (i still think quite highly of them b/c they are so yummy, haha). but maybe that's GOOD that i'm not afraid of them????
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I recently devoured a jar of 16 servings in about a week ALL BY MYSELF. I found that Whole Foods has individual serving packets of almond butters, but at $1.15 per packet, that's pretty pricey. SO to compromise, I just buy a few for after my workouts (since my protein shakes dont feel me up enough). I figure that with the peanut butter and an apple I should be good:D
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand the question, or if I just haven't been a binge eater long enough to have fear foods, but I don't think there are any foods I'm afraid of, or fear. Maybe if someone was trying to get me to eat puffer fish or something. But as far as my yummy binge foods go, nope not afraid of any of them, I welcome them, love them, hug them.....ok just kidding I need to stop. I love them in moderation!
  • TheCrunchyChemist
    Options
    I am scared of food in general because depending on my mood and situation, there is always a chance I can overeat. But, the food I am the absolute out of control with is sugar. I can not stop unless there is no more in the house!
  • Thelxinoe
    Thelxinoe Posts: 32
    Options
    Definitely chocolate and other sweets. Just yesterday, I was going to have two or three (large) pieces of a chocolate bar I opened - a regular serving portion and a reasonable treat. Before I knew it, more than half the bar was gone... I could've eaten more but once I realized how much I'd already had, I put the rest away. Baby steps, I guess.
  • supernatural234
    Options
    Anything super high calorie or generically unhealthy. Once it's in my mouth, there's no going back and there's a feast to come. So sad lol specifically tho smuckers uncrustables.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    hmm while I do have trigger foods, I don't necessarily fear them. One that I can't have in my house that I've seen I can't moderate, unless I'm at someone else's house that has it probably is peanut butter. I've tried to moderate it and have eaten the whole container usually so I had to switch to only using PB2. That doesn't trigger me in any way.

oh, maybe oysters. Think I might have tried once as a kid and didn't want to then so I'm not fully sure I did even then. Won't try them ever.

I did sugar, but got over it once I started gaining weight back from my lowest weight.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nope. I loooove the foods I binge on. Not scared of them at all. Just need to eat less of them. Haha.