Newbie!

Options
Hi all, my name is Heather and I'm 30 years old. Feel free to add me if you'd like, I love making new friends and supporting others (as well as getting support and encouragement myself)! Here are the things I struggle with:

- weight loss (it's an uphill battle to lose weight it seems and am slowly trucking along)
- hirsutism (I have very coarse hairs on the front of my neck as well as the "goatee" area minus my upper lip, thankfully)
- irregular periods (until using Progesterone cream I had cystic ovaries and would have INCREDIBLY heavy periods for 6-7 days at a time... which would make me dizzy and exhausted)

I am taking a month away from the Progesteron cream after 4 months in hopes that my body has leveled out a bit and also to give my body a rest. Just ordered spearmint tea as well because I have read in numerous spots that drinking two cups a day religiously will lessen and even get rid of hirsutism. Dear God I do hope that it works. It's incredibly embarrassing to have to shave my face 1-2 times a day (once will do but if I'm going out at night then a touch-up is a must). Not to mention the insane amount of makeup I go through to cover up the razor burn which shows up no matter how careful I am and then the acne which ensues. GRRRRR!!!! So if anyone is interested I can definitely give updates to how it's working!

Let's see... that's enough about me. Send me a message or add me! I'll be around. Hope that everyone is having an amazing week! :)

Replies

• JanaMichelle
    JanaMichelle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather!

I have just now started my weight loss mission so I will let you know how it goes. For the facial hair, I was just told by a doctor the other day that it is the worst case she's seen (lovely...). BUT my husband got me laser hair removal for Christmas so hopefully that will fix the problem. One thing that is helped in the past is birth control. When I was on BC, I did not have much of an issue with it. Once I got off however, (my husband and I are TTC) it was horrible. And I cant help much with the cream. I have not had to use it yet.

Welcome to the MFP family. I just joined (again) last week, and I'm really looking forward to using the tools this time and having support from people who actually get it!

Have a great Monday and add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey! Because of PCOS I have androgenic alopecia (balding on the scalp) and some hirsutism, like on my belly. I also have lots of problems with acne.

I'm still on the hunt for something that will cure the acne, but I have greatly improved the hair-related stuff. I detailed exactly what I was using on another thread if you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/843680-hair-loss?page=1#posts-12811157

One more point- I'm a big believer in the healing power of tea. But, you need quality stuff. I have heard over and over that 99% of the stuff you get at the grocery store has no medicinal quality whatsoever, so if you're going to buy tea for anything except taste, it's better to find a specialty shop and make sure you're getting high quality, strong stuff. (Still cheaper than prescription drugs!)

Good luck! I'd love to be friends :flowerforyou:
  • lalarox
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I will have to try the spearmint tea. Hopefully it works for me as I feel like my hirsutism is the worst ever!