Need some motivation-Help May 2013 Brides

Options
Rsmiley07
Rsmiley07 Posts: 13 Member
Hi my name is Roxanne Im 28 and am new to this Discussion.

I just had a baby May 20 2012 and I gained alot -Im down to 170 but I have motivation issues for some reason!

I need to get to 145 by may 2013:)

Replies

• oameyers
    oameyers Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxanne!

You have about 15 weeks till May....you got this girl!!!

25 is possible I would say track your food, and do a combo of cardio and weight training.

Logging on to MFP daily really helped me as well :-)
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You both are welcome to join the other 2013/2014 brides group that is having a weight loss competition. We are starting this week, so message me if you are interested. You could also look at the group: MFP Biggest Loser: Brides!

There are around 100 Brides all working together to lose the weight. As a spring 2013 bride, you'd have lots of support so please consider joining us!

~Elizabeth
  • Rsmiley07
    Rsmiley07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you OAMEYERS for some motivational words :)
  • Vargievarg
    Vargievarg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey msroxanne07, I'm trying to get to 145 by May too! What's your wedding date? Mine is the 17th.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi Roxanne! I'm getting married shortly after you in June, so feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other.

I wish you the best of luck in achieving your goals, not just for your wedding day but for life. Remember, with a big smile on your face (and some good shapewear), you are going to be an absolutely gorgeous bride, regardless of what the scale says on your wedding day.

I know there's a lot of pressure to look your best and be your most fabulous self on your wedding day (believe me, I feel it too), and it's easy to get hung up on losing weight as the most important item on your To Do list before the big day. Just remember that when that day comes, no matter what progress you've made or haven't made on your weight, you are going to be getting married!

I only say this because I hear of a lot of brides that stress out so much about losing weight for the wedding that they a) lose focus on their long-term goals, which are much more important; and b) lose perspective about the joy of getting married.

But I'm sure you are going to be amazing... on your wedding day, your honeymoon, and beyond!
  • lightweightdiva
    lightweightdiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wanted to check in with the other May brides and see how everyone's progress is coming along.

I haven't lost a whole lot of weight, but I'm about halfway through with P90X and I'm finally starting to see some changes in my body. I'm getting a little nervous about not being where I want to be in time for May 11th, and at this point it's more about how my clothes fit and how I look in my dress than the numbers on the scale.

How's everyone else doing? Anybody start doing their fittings? My dress doesn't get in until March!