Overcoming frustration

My husband and I just got snippy with each other....nothing big at all. He just left to go to the store and as he was leaving the driveway I had the urge to swallow down my feelings with food. Came right to the computer instead. This...right here...is the reason I joined this group. As soon as I get upset I go for food. Thank-you for giving me another option....support.

I've got to pat my self on the back, this is the first time since this challenge began that I've really felt...challenged. Writing it out is so much better than swallowing it down.

Replies

• ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    that's amazing to hear and I'm so pleased for you!! :smile:

go you!! :drinker:
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks! It felt really really good!
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    I'm so glad for you, Green Laura that you were able to overcome your urge to eat when frustrated. Kudos to you!:smile:
  • star_sprite
    star_sprite Posts: 10 Member
    having the ability to share and relate with others here is very helpful for me, and am glad to hear that it is a space for support for others! I felt very alone in my binging, and very embarrassed about it. I am still silent about it with my friends and family and have not told anyone. The shameful binges are the ones sitting in my car because I don't want to binge in front of people.
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Thank-you all so much for the support! It has already made a huge difference! Here's to one more day in control!

We can do this!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    so glad i found this group! i'm actually excited for my first "challenge" so that i can win!!! :) great job, laura!