Starting my juice fast

Options
I've read through "Eat to Live" and have embraced the eating plan (though I cheated twice) and have already lost 10 lbs over the last few weeks! However, I have a bit more to go and I need to break my food addiction and drop my weight to a more comfortable range. After watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", I'm ready to try the juice fast and today I get my juicer. Reading through some of the previous posts is encouraging.

I have chronic asthma and suffer from sleep apnea, so I'm hoping that this helps me get to a healthier place.

Any other people at the beginning of the fast?

Cheers,
Fenix

Replies

• strongerthanFAT
    strongerthanFAT Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm starting fresh in the morning! Definitely excited to see how it effects my health! I'll be using a blender though, definitely trying to break my food addiction as well! Good Luck! Keep your eyes on the prizes!
  • 1fenix
    Options
    Good luck strongerthanF!

I have a smoothie in the morning as I love my fruit smoothies and it seems to be OK. I started on Valentine's Day (strange day to start) that makes this morning - Day 4 and I feeling great! I'm down an extra 7 pounds from the 3 days of juice/smoothie fasting!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    My fiancé and I are starting the juicing tomorrow! So excited! A brand new nicer and a fridge full of veggies are ready to go!
  • 1fenix
    Options
    Hey jessababy22, you both will feel great! I saw on another post that you're not feeling too well... I hear there's adjustment for some for the first few days. I started to eat a veggie diet and lower my caffeine consumption for about 2 weeks before I started this, so I was fine.

I'm on Day 5 and feel much clear in thought and have a good amount of energy!

Good luck!
  • jessababy22
    Options
    Thank you so much 1fenix! I'm on day 4 and am finally feeling normal. Definitely feeling less obsessed with food too. Thank you for the support!
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just experimenting with juice fasting. As a serious athlete I don't think I'm able to fully do a fast. So I'm going to try 1-2 days a week for a while to see if that helps me shed some pounds. I had some raw fruit and a protein smoothie yesterday. (I rode my bike 85 miles yesterday so my muscles need some TLC!) Had a protein drink this morning and have a protein smoothie for lunch and drinking juice, tea, and lots of water today. I feel great but I am definitely craving warm, fatty, comforting food! But you can do anything for a day (or two)!
  • 1fenix
    1fenix Posts: 8
    Options
    Well I've been off the site for awhile! I went to my annual medical checkup and had some negative results, so I have a colonoscopy this Thursday. Hence, I stopped the juicing before this procedure to eat normally.

However, I did lose an additional 13lbs. over the 10 day fast and have kept it off! I'll go back on the juice fast after the procedure.
  • 1fenix
    1fenix Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Evachiquita, I find that I have plenty of energy with the juicing. Perhaps, you can do a partial juice if you are training. I'm an ex-swimmer and understand the need to get calories when seriously training. If I'm only working out 3-4 times per week, then the juicing is fine for me.

Cheers!
  • srlemus84
    Options
    Hello all, I haven't started juicing yet. I'm waiting to get my first paycheck since having my LO 6 months ago, so I can get a juicer. I'm so excited that I'm becoming impatient and anxious. I read that it helps to stop caffine before hand, so I'm going to wean off coffee over next few days. With babysitting 2 kids on top of my own 2, caffine is my life support, until I get my juicer, then see ya later. I'm just hoping that I don't feel funky in the couple days of transittion. I haven't decided on the amt of days i want to be juicing. I would love to have the willpower to go the full 60 like Joe in FSAND, but I think I might shoot for 15-30 and go from there.

I do have a question for all you juicers already doing it; any suggestions on what to start off with, I am a "vegetables, oh crap!" kind of person. They're not my biggest fans and I find them hard to eat most of the time. Any help appreciated,

Thank you in advance and good luck with your endevours on juicing.

Sara:smile:
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hey fenix I'm wondering how you are doing? I hope the medical stuff went ok?

Sara, I did a 10 day juice fast earlier this year and I used a program you can probably find by googling "New Year New You Reboot with Joe". I highly recommend drinking juices before jumping into your juice fast just so you can get a feel for things. I juiced daily for about 6 months before I started a fast and by that time I had tried lots of different combinations of juices and felt like I knew what I was doing when it comes to creating my own juices. 10 days was probably the max for me, I plan to do another 7-10 days in April.