Some guidance needed :)

Options
Hi there!

I have been Crossfitting since September (at CrossFit RTB in Springfield, MO. I love my box!!) And I am really struggling with weight loss. My husband and I did the Whole 30 this summer before I started CF--he was already doing it--and I lost 12 pounds. After that, we continued eating 80/20 Paleo. Husband continued to drop weight like crazy and I haven't lost a damn pound since. The past month, we've been eating SAD and we can tell how crappy we feel eating sugar and gluten again. I plan to get off sugar and gluten now, but don't intend on going full out Paleo again. I don't even know where I'm going with this, except--I need to lose 40 pounds and I do 4+ wods a week and I'm still a size 14!!!! I know I've gained a ton in muscle and that's why I haven't weighed myself in a long time. But my jeans size isn't changing and that's how I know I'm doing something wrong. I've come back to MFP because I know I'm going to have to start keeping track. I guess I need some inspiration and some good advice. And some people to friend me so I can see what you're eating! I REALLY want to buy some Lulu, but I can't wear it yet :)

Replies

• jlcuster
    Options
    My recommendation is to switch to strict Zone Diet. You can still do Paleo with Zone if you want. I don't eat Paleo, only Zone, and I've had great success. I've lost a net of 47 lbs since September and I'm down to 11% body fat.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Why not try Primal (Paleo with dairy) - it has made a world of difference to me.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Quit focusing on the number on the scale and start focusing on measurements. I haven't lost more than 2 lbs doing Crossfit for 2 months now, but I have lost quite a few cms. You are simultaneously building muscle and losing fat so the weight on the scale may not shift that much.

Also, fat loss is a strict numbers game - are you making sure that you are eating at a calorie deficit?
  • Sasquatchrider
    Sasquatchrider Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Quit focusing on the number on the scale and start focusing on measurements. I haven't lost more than 2 lbs doing Crossfit for 2 months now, but I have lost quite a few cms. You are simultaneously building muscle and losing fat so the weight on the scale may not shift that much.

Also, fat loss is a strict numbers game - are you making sure that you are eating at a calorie deficit?

THIS. I haven't lost much weight but my body composition has changed. I often get asked if I've lost weight. I track my weight but care more about my developing fitness at the box
  • Lalaflutist
    Options

I was never counting calories when we were eating Paleo and I think that was my problem. Bacon is awesome, but I shouldn't eat all I want everyday.
  • Lalaflutist
    Options
    My recommendation is to switch to strict Zone Diet. You can still do Paleo with Zone if you want. I don't eat Paleo, only Zone, and I've had great success. I've lost a net of 47 lbs since September and I'm down to 11% body fat.

I'm going to look into this. I need more control, I think. That's awesome, congrats!