What are your reasons for wanting to go vegan?

Options
I want to become fully vegan because I don't believe it's fair for me to participate in animal cruelty for my own selfish enjoyment. I also know I feel better physically when I stay clear of animal products. My only exception are eggs, if I can buy them from someone I know who keeps happy healthy chickens!

Replies

• porcelainjune
    Options
    I am 16 and after studying philosophy and culture I have really fallen in love with the buddhist and Taoist philosophy. Yeah, I am one of the vegan hippies looking for inner peace and self acceptance through yoga meditation. I really want to reduce my impact and am obsessed with cycles and balance. I've done the whole 30 twice and I loved the benefits. I feel physically better when I eat less animal products. I am definitely going vegetarian this month. I am not for sure if I will be able to be completely vegan though because i love greek yogurt and egg muffins are a life saver to make ahead of time. I would like some recommendations on vegan/vegetarian protein supplements. I am really busy with school (60-80 hours a week), I have a job, and also am a long distance runner so protein shakes are fundamental in my diet because I can throw green veggies fruit and protein powder and have a meal in 5 minutes. I am also worried about creating too large of a calorie deficit with the long distance running. I don't have much of an appetite. I could probably make up for this in small things like coconut oil right? Also I don't know how to convince my parents im not starving myself. I have been hospitalized in the past because of anorexia and I am not sure if they are going to let me do this without making my life hell. They already give me so much **** just for being really healthy you know the typical "i dont even understand why you bother" "thats so weird" or gross etc. generally making you feel like an inconvenience to their life and never offering any positive feedback just discrimination and judgement.