Just joined group

Options
miclmiller
miclmiller Posts: 14 Member
Hello! Been taking a break from MFP for a while (aka being lazy) and I'm looking for new friends. I'm good at working out but my sweet tooth is out of control! Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• kathyazach
    kathyazach Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to Indy MFP! I also have an enormous sweet tooth, sometimes i feel like my meal isn't complete without having something sweet at the end. It's tough to break that "carb" addiction but I figure one step at a time and I'm working on my exercise for now, cutting down on high fructose corn syrup snacks & processed food, and controlling my portion size; other than that...give me CAKE!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I've found some sugar free things that help me control it. You do have to read the label for sugar free foods. Most remove sugar but increase fat.
  • miclmiller
    miclmiller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The food companies really try to throw is all off don't they? I think I'm going to back to chewing sugar free gum at the end of my meals so I don't feel tempted to get junk out of the vending machine at work.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    The food companies really try to throw is all off don't they? I think I'm going to back to chewing sugar free gum at the end of my meals so I don't feel tempted to get junk out of the vending machine at work.

My work is the worst. We have donuts and beer around quite a bit. I've found that Jello Sugar Free pudding curbs a lot of my cravings for most sweets.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm a sugarholic myself. I'm making more of an effort to binge on some protein and not sugar, and it seems to make the feeling go away. And if that doesn't work, I LOVE the 100 calorie packs of cookies. Its just enough with out being too much. Even if I have two packages, its a lot better than the other stuff I could have.
  • jenjones2
    Options
    You should try the sugar free gum that is flavored, like mint chocolate chip, strawberry shortcake.. etc. They are called Extra Dessert Delights. I've had the mint chocolate chip ice cream, and it really tasted like it!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Welcome!! I have to admit, I have had a SWEET tooth for the last 10days that I'm tryting to break. I bought myself some amazing chocolates for Valentine's Day. Good thing...they are NOW gone and I am trying to up my water intake to get this sugar tooth to go away.
  • dtucker4403
    dtucker4403 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think sugar is addicting - at least for me it is. Once I start eating sweets, I usually can't stop. I pretty much have to just not eat cookies and cake. The only thing that really keeps me in line is working out. It gives me more will power and makes me not want to blow my workout by overeating. I also try to eat lots of small healthy snacks (fruit, popcorn, etc.) so I don't crave goodies so much. I still have problems occasionally, but this helps me.
  • LSMoore1983
    Options
    I just spent the past 2 days doing a detox cleanse before realizing just now in the last couple hours I did it wrong and more than likely compromised the intended result. It's taking all my will power to not fly into a binge to make up for two days of pointless hunger. I hate being overweight, but resisting sugar and salt is sooo much harder!
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello! Been taking a break from MFP for a while (aka being lazy) and I'm looking for new friends. I'm good at working out but my sweet tooth is out of control! Anyone else in the same boat?

Same boat here! But, you've made a step in the right direction :) Time to yank that sweet tooth out! I will help out in any way I can! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • LouBrown79
    LouBrown79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a new member as well. I don't have a sweet tooth but I have a burger tooth...lol I have a big craving for fast food. I try to fight it but I loss from time to time. lol
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a new member as well. I don't have a sweet tooth but I have a burger tooth...lol I have a big craving for fast food. I try to fight it but I loss from time to time. lol

mmmmm...... burgers.... I don't crave fast food burgers too much (although admittedly occasionally I crave a Whopper or crave some sliders ;), but I do love gourmet restaurant burgers (like Red Robin... mmmm...)