Loose Skin

bka3601
bka3601 Posts: 8 Member
I am sure this topic has been well discussed but I thought I would start another thread........

At 87 pounds lost I am starting to see that I will have a problem with loose skin. I am only at half my goal and I can see the start so I can only imagine it getting worse as I drop the other half. So my question is.....has anyone had a consultation with a plastic surgeon regarding a body lift or tummy tuck to remove it?

I watched an operation on youtube and I have to say......it was a little difficult to watch what they do to you. Prior to when I had my VSG done I was addicted to watching any and all surgery videos I could find so I could learn more about the procedure. I am not so sure I will do the same thing with any plastic surgery I consider.

Anyway....curious to hear any feedback.

In full disclosure, I made an appointment with a Dr for the end of April just to hear what he has to say. I know I am a long way from the surgery day on this one but I want to learn as much as I can.

Thanks!

Replies

• CollieDebbie
    CollieDebbie Posts: 7 Member
    At 90+ lbs gone I too am seeing droopy extra skin. I would love to know the highlights of what you find out. I'm concerned about my turkey neck right now but it doesn't seem to be getting worse. Skin on my legs and arms is noticeable but I can't tell if my tummy is going to yield loose skin yet. So have you decided to do plastics when the time comes or just investigating right now? Where is your loose skin so far? - Deb
  • bka3601
    bka3601 Posts: 8 Member
    Sorry for the late reply! I just have the initial consultation at this point, I am fairly certain I will need it. I don't expect to go to a surgeons office and they tell me I don't need it....that's for sure!!! I am lucky that it appears as though I will just have loose skin in my belly area, everything else seems to be tightening up with exercise. Here is a little TMI....I might also invest in lipo around my "not so private area" LOL! Maybe it will look bigger afterwards!!!!!
  • stacylperry
    stacylperry Posts: 66 Member
    SKIN...

This is a topic I've talked with my surgeon about on several occasions, before and after my procedure.
    His response has basically remained the same.
    " Waite a YEAR after the VSG (for the full effect of the procedure), take a look at your body ." Then consider it.

The last time I saw my doctor, a few weeks ago, he was very impressed with my weight loss. I've been working out a little and trying to tone up and burn some fat, ect. ect. ~ we discussed my "goal weight", and we disagreed.
    I thought it should be MUCH LESS !
    He told me I would have at least 20 pounds of LOOSE SKIN, (unless I had it removed) to consider in my goal weight.
    He also told me to "HOLD MY GOAL WEIGHT FOR A YEAR BEFORE HAVING ANY PLASTIC SURGERY, TO GUARANTEE LONG TERM SUCCESS!"

In other words,
    2 years total after your VSG procedure, Its safe to look into plastic surgery for loose skin, for good results.

1 year to see the results of the VSG, 1 year to successfully hold your goal weight = 2years until plastic surgery !
    That's my doctor~
    He's young and very much into natural health and healing (go to the gym, eat healthy, use good lotion)
    *he also mentioned the scaring from some of the skin tucks can be very ugly!
  • I started using skinny wraps right after my surgery so I could keep up with the loose skin. Insurance didn't pay for my surgery and there's no way I could afford plastic surgery. I pay $59 a month for 4 wraps and I use them once a week. You can use them anywhere from your neck down. I was skeptical but they really work - so well that I signed up to sell them. Look at my website. Www.hensleywraps.com. If you try them and like them they gave a great loyal customer program where you can earn free boxes of wraps.