Team Twilight Pain in the Neck Challenge 2/18-2/24

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
The idea for this weeks challenge was brought about from a combination of things....
1. After watching Twilight again, I got to thinking about the amount of pain (both physical and emotional) that has been involved throughout the entire Saga.
2. My neck and shoulders have been horribly achy this past week
3. We needed more moves that could be done easily any where any time.

:smile: Anytime, anywhere moves:
Neck rolls
Shoulder rolls
Shoulder shrugs
---Do them daily just to relieve stress and anxiety held in your upper body

:yawn: Daily Meditation
Find a quiet place, shut off the noise, radio, TV, etc, close your eyes, and just set quietly, clearing your mind of the 'stuff' that that is rolling around in your head. You don't have to focus on anything specific, but if you want to imagine yourself doing something peaceful that you enjoy...go ahead. A minute or two is all you need, but, it is very freeing. You could even do your neck and shoulder work while meditating. Good places for this are in the bathroom at home, bathroom stall at work, in your car alone (not while driving), you get the picture.

Along with the anytime, anywhere moves, and meditation...

:blushing: Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies

:love: Cardio 150 minutes total

:flowerforyou: H20 8x8 or 6x8 with 2x8 of decaf beverages

:glasses: Along with daily check ins, please share something Twilight 'pain' related!

To get us started:
"Your mood swings give me whiplash". Bella to Edward in the school cafeteria.
My own pain from knowing the last movie is coming on DVD which means the end to a fabulous run. :cry:

Have a great week ladies, remember No Pain, No Gain! :laugh:

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can do the meditation because we only have one bathroom. :laugh:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ready to go. the neck exercises will really come in handy, since I'm a cubicle dweller
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    How did you know the bathroom is the only place I can get privacy in this house?:sad:
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    You're a mind reader! I wake with stiff neck most mornings!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 1 check in:

Anytime, anywhere moves: done, plus a chiropractor appointment & massage scheduled for the morning

Daily Meditation : done while lying in bed before getting up since I was woke up 10 minutes before my alarm was going to go off by a stupid telemarketer

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: I should do well this week at this one, Fred assigns lots of veggies Today I had black grapes, jonagold apple, roma tomato slices, carrot chips, celery, butter lettuce, and dried cranberries

Cardio : 30/150, 10 minutes were my 'ab blaster' assignment that I curse my trainer with every crunch

H20: 7 glasses plain, 3 with decaf green tea

Along with daily check ins, please share something Twilight 'pain' related!
    Edward Cullen: [to Victoria] You won't get another chance like this again! You want her! You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James! When I tore him to pieces. When I turned him into ash. When I turned him into nothing.
  • w8sarge
    Options
    Day 1

Moves-- I felt those helped throughout day, some in the car, some after cardio, and some in shower.

Meditation-- I did mine in the shower, just don't tell on me!

Rainbow -- This was great since I missed it last time. I got my blueberries on yogurt; red cabbage, tomatoes, and onions in salad; orange apricots on oatmeal and carrots at lunch; green lettuce and spinach in salads; white banana for snack.

Cardio -- 30/150

H2O -- 8x8

Pain-related-- my quote shows Edward as the troubled soul who feels he must kill Bella but despises himself for wanting to:
    "She would not have time to scream or feel pain; I would not kill her cruelly. That much I could give this stranger with her horribly desirable blood." (Midnight Sun, Ch.1, p. 9)
  • 77tes
    Options
    Moves -- I likeall these moves, so did them several times throughout the day.

Daily Meditation -- I'm finding this a challenge. I got interrupted twice, but I'll try to get a couple minutes in before bed.

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: purple/blue - raisins & red lettuce in my salad; yellow/orange - carrots; green - spinach, arugula, avacado, lettuce; red - V8 and tomato; white - mushrooms & banana

Cardio 76 minutes today

H20 11x8

Twilight Pain:
    How about the song from the Twilight Soundtrack

Eyes on Fire

I'll seek you out
    Flay you alive
    One more word and you won't survive
    And I'm not scared
    Of your stolen power
    I see right through you any hour

I won't soothe your pain
    I won't ease your strain
    You'll be waiting in vain
    I got nothing for you to gain

I'm taking it slow
    Feeding my flame
    Shuffling the cards of your game
    And just in time
    In the right place
    Suddenly I will play my ace

I won't soothe your pain
    I won't ease your strain
    You'll be waiting in vain
    I got nothing for you to gain

Eyes on fire
    Your spine is ablaze
    Felling any foe with my gaze
    And just in time
    In the right place
    Steadily emerging with grace

Ahh, felling any foe with my gaze
    Ahh, steadily emerging with grace
    Ahh, felling any foe with my gaze
    Ahh, steadily emerging with grace
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Just finished reading thru Mondays check in, you ladies are on fire! I love reading your pain related quotes.....

Pain in the neck moves...did them in the car, boy did I need them! I need to practice them at work too!

Cardio. 43/150 walked the tunnels at lunch.

Meditation, well...I did not get that done, but I did set quietly and read a book while waiting about 10 minutes to meet a friend for dinner. That was relaxing.

H20. Struggled on this yesterday, I had too much pop. I will do better Tuesday.

Eat rainbow...mandarin orange, strawberries, banana, lettuce, red pepper and tomato sauce and onions on pizza.

Twilight Pain
    On of the most painful things I think happened....New Moon, in the forest when Edward leaves...:sad:

"I promise that this will be the last time you’ll see me. I won’t come back. I won’t put you through anything like this again. You can go on with your life without any more interference from me. It will be as if I’d never existed.”

Thank heavens Bella saves him in the end.....:smooched:
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 2 check in:

Weigh in this morning - 248, up 2 from last week, but down 1 from the week before, weigh in was right before the flu started so I deleted last weeks weigh-in because I didn't want flu to get the credit

Anytime, anywhere moves: done, plus a half hour massage & adjustment, turns out the neck cramp was muscle spasms

Daily Meditation : done

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: lettuce, tomato, pear, cucumber, red onion, and veggie soup at lunch, then an apple tonight as a snack. I would have also had roasted brussels sprouts, but they tasted burned

Cardio : 80/150, started using the Power walk today on the treadmill, its similar to c25k, but for those of us who don't think they could manage a whole 5k & just want to be able to hike the towpath trail without being miserable

H20: 8/8

Along with daily check ins, please share something Twilight 'pain' related! In honor of Jackson Rathbone being on White Collar tonight, a quote about Jasper from Midnight sun

.Was it really necessary to experiment like this? Wouldn’t the safer path be to just admit that he might never be able to handle the thirst the way the rest of us could, and not push his limits? Why flirt with disaster?

Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun, Chapter 1, p.3
  • 77tes
    Options
    Day 2 -- Tuesday

Moves -- Did the moves a couple times today.

Daily Meditation -- I'm still finding this a challenge. I never got any in yesterday, and I only got in a minute today.

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: purple/blue - prunes, raisins, & red cabbage in my saurkraut; yellow/orange - carrots; green - celery; red - V8 and tomato; white - none

Cardio 76yesterday + 55 minutes today

H20 11x8 again today

Twilight Pain: The pain of loving the wrong person.

“And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…”
    “Stupid lamb.”
    “”What a sick, masochistic lion.”
    ~ Edward and Bella summarizing the road to their relationship.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Days 1 thru 3 Check In

I'm pretty much sucking at everything except water. I did buy some fresh strawberries and navel oranges on sale at Aldi Monday evening though. No exercise so far because I fall asleep with the little one every night. I'm gonna have to pick up the pace!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 3 - Wednesday

Anytime, anywhere moves: done on my own, and again as cool-down after water walking class

Daily Meditation : done while zoning out in the hot tub between cardio workout & strength workout (otherwise known as trying to not get busted staring at the Adam Levine look alike who was sitting across from me in the spa)

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: breakfast: strawberries, bananas Lunch: tomato, butter lettuce. cilantro jalapeno hummus w/ celery and carrots. Dinner: sweet potato, green beans & an apple for snack

Cardio :150/150 water walking class, & strength training
  • 77tes
    Options
    Day 3 -- Wednesday

Daily Meditation -- So far I've meditated 1 minute this week.

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: purple/blue - prunes, raisins, & red cabbage in my saurkraut; yellow/orange - carrots; green - celery; red - V8 and tomato; white - none. Where should my apple go? It was yellow and green and pink/red on the outside and white on the inside.

Cardio 76 Monday + 55 minutes Tuesday + 55 today = 186 so far this week.

H20 9x8 again today

Twilight Pain:

This couldn’t be heaven, could it? There was too much pain for that.

Bella Swan when she hears Edward at the ballet studio, Twilight, Chapter 23, p.453
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 4 - Thursday

Anytime, anywhere moves: done

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: lettuce, tomato, veggie soup, pear, sweet potato, carrots, banana

Cardio :150/150 nothing today

• 77tes
    Options
    Day 4 -- Thursday

Daily Meditation -- So far I've meditated 1 minute this week. I just really cannot take time for this.

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: purple/blue - prunes, raisins, & red cabbage in my saurkraut; yellow/orange - carrots; green - celery; red - V8 and tomato; white - none. What color is a bosc pear?

Cardio 76 Monday + 55 minutes Tuesday + 55 today + 63 = 249 so far this week.

H20 9x8 again today

Twilight Pain:

I don’t know… even with Jacob, now and then I see something in her eyes, and I wonder if I’ve ever grasped how much pain she’s really in. It’s not normal, Alice, and it… it frightens me. Not normal at all. Not like someone… left her, but like someone died.

Charlie talking to Alice, New Moon, Chapter 17, p.398
  • w8sarge
    Options
    Days 2-4

Sorry I got lost in the forest there...I've had really annoying computer problems, then a raging headache yesterday. Last time I tried to post I lost the message just before I completed it and I was too frustrated to try again. Today is better.

Moves-- Forgot yesterday, but every other day I've done them.

Meditation -- None the last two days. Will try to make a point of it this afternoon.

Rainbow-- This is really helping me to include fruits and veggies, which I tend to get lazy about as the week progresses. Yesterday I didn't have any blue/purple ones, so must make a point of that today.

Cardio--60/150. Hopefully tonight with English country dancing and another circuit at Curves tomorrow, and I should be good.

H2O -- 8*8 each day.

My pain theme for the day is Edward's state of mind after Tyler's van nearly crushes Bella:

"Bella?" I asked urgently. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine." She said the words automatically in a dazed voice.

Relief, so exquisite it was nearly pain, washed through me at the sound of her voice. I sucked in a breath through my teeth, and did not mind the accompanying burn in my throat. I almost welcomed it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    H20. 9/8
    Cardio 30 minutes tunnel walk. 157/150 for the week
    Eat the Rainbow....lettuce, tomato, olive, banana, clementines, apple
    Neck/shoulder rolls....yes and boy have I needed them!

PAIN: Twilight, when Bella has to leave to escape James, and she hurts Charlie.....
    Charlie Swan: Look, Bella, I know I'm not that much fun to be around, but I can change that. We can do more stuff together.
    Isabella Swan: Like what? Like watch baseball on the flat screen? Eat at the diner every night? Steak and cobbler. Dad, that's you, that's not me.
    Charlie Swan: Bella, come on. I-I just got you back.
    Isabella Swan: Yeah, and you know if I don't get out now, I'll just be stuck here like mom.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 5 - Friday

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: Red: Apple & cranberries, Orange: Carrots, Yellow: Corn, Green: lettuce, Blue/purple: black grapes, White: Potatoes

Cardio :150/150 nothing today

• Shell_7609
    Options
    Day 6 - saturday

Daily Meditation : done - only if you can count 2 hours in the theater watching bd2 with my godkids

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: Red: Apple & cranberries, Orange: Carrots, Yellow: Corn, Green: lettuce, Blue/purple: black grapes, White: Potatoes

Cardio :162/150 - 2 short walks as part of my breaks today

Pain: Alice's vision at the end of BD2 of how things would go if Aro didn't change his mind
  • 77tes
    Options
    Day 5 & 6 -- Friday & Saturday

Moves -- Did the moves a couple times each day.

Daily Meditation -- Pretty much a total fail on this.

Eat the rainbow of fruits and veggies: pretty good at this.

Cardio 76 Monday + 55 minutes Tuesday + 55 Wed + 63 Thurs. + 120 Fri. + 50 Sat. = 422 so far this week.

H20 13x8 on Fri (dancing is thirsty work) + 9x8 again today

Twilight Pain: That harrowing birth scene!!!

Non-reality was black, and it didn’t hurt so much. Reality was red, and it felt like I was being sawed in half, hit by a bus, punched by a prize fighter, trampled by bulls, and submerged in acid, all at the same time. Reality was feeling my body twist and flip when I couldn’t possibly move because of the pain. Reality was knowing there was something so much more important than all this torture, and not being able to remember what it was. Reality had come on so fast.

Bella Cullen, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 19, p.369