Do not forget!

Options
When you are recording your food, keep this in mind :

Omega 3 fish oil is still 9cal per g, 4 fish oils, 3g each = 12g x 9 = 108 cals
Your rice or steamed veg includes a little amount of butter? = 50cal
You add sweeteners to your coffee? = 30cals
Usually have black coffee but someone made you white? = 20cals
Added dressing to your salad? = 100cals

Deosnt sound like much but what Im getting at is everything you put in your mouth more or less has a calorie value. If you are struggling to shift weight, its worth just double checking everything you do. The above example would be around 300cals which in a week could be 2100 cals.

Replies

• chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    mmmm i never thought about it that way darrel thanks
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    I'm in midst of thinking of getting some Omega 3 capsules as I really don't think I get enough (or any).

But at 108 calories, I'd need to give up my morning biscuits!

:)

Then again, I could just go out for a wander or burn an extra 108 cals at the gym....... Much better idea :)
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I was also shocked at the calories in Omega3, but after taking it for a few months I wouldnt be without it.

I spent alot of time reasearching what I needed to take and the 2 main active components are EPA & DHA which are pure essential fatty acids.

I made a spread sheet and compared all the major suppliers working out EPA/DHA vs COST and it probably wasn't suprising that the the products advertised as extra strength actually cost 3 or 4 times the price relative to the concentration of EPA/DHA

Conclusion: You don't need to buy the most expensive :smile:

HTH
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    yeah well said, just been reading up myself and am looking in to getting the 369 type. I have krill oil at the moment.
  • spongeh
    Options
    yeah well said, just been reading up myself and am looking in to getting the 369 type. I have krill oil at the moment.

From my research theres not alot of point in the 369's.

Our diets are generally missing Omega-3, Omega-6 is one of the most abundant oils in food and the body can produce Omega-9
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I only take 1 cod liver oil tablet per day! How come you take 4 (12g)? :noway:

And thanks for the reminder cos I keep forgetting to take it....lol :bigsmile:
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My sweeteners say they are less than 1cal each.......
  • Pychcia
    Pychcia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My sweeteners say they are less than 1cal each.......

Mine as well! How many is it then? Or by sweeteners you just meant sugar?
  • spongeh
    Options
    I only take 1 cod liver oil tablet per day! How come you take 4 (12g)? :noway:

And thanks for the reminder cos I keep forgetting to take it....lol :bigsmile:

I take 6 per day, 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. You must remember to take it as it takes about 2-3 weeks to get fully into your system. The benefits are not just in your joints, but its a whole body thing as it can improve brain function, your mood & libido.

I love it :happy:
  • spongeh
    Options
    this link expalins the ratio and how Omega-6 blocks Omega-3 uptake. Should go someway to explaining my 6 x 1000mg intake per day.

http://chriskresser.com/how-much-omega-3-is-enough-that-depends-on-omega-6

HTH