a little bit about me and this group

Options
hi everyone

I started this group as I was thinking I needed to rejoin a weight loss group so I could get weighed every week. But i thought about it and realised that i have a whole weight loss group here for free and all i need is some other people who are in the same boat as me to come on this journey with me - the same as weight loss class. i didnt ever get much support from the weight loss groups either and I feel like I need as i am sure most of you do.

So I have started this group in the hope that members will join and help other members of MFP like myself to lose weight - lets do this!!!

thanks

Replies

• pracktish
    pracktish Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did WW for awhile...and then found MFP, which is exactly the same thing...only free. My husband andI are doing this together, we started a week ago and we have both lost around 7 lbs. You can never have too much support :)
  • lucysmommy
    Options
    thanks for joining x
  • dlmcgo
    dlmcgo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did WW and it was working but since I couldn't drive it as difficult to get to meetings. Then, someone told me about MFP. I didn't do it faithfully in te beginning but now hat I've set goals I've been faithful since mid-January and have lost 7 lbs.

I will be 48 in June with about 70 lbs to loose. My short-term goal is 2 lbs per week so that I can be down 40 lbs by August 1st. I know that's 23 weeks away and that would be 46 lbs but I want to allow for those weeks that I don't get 2 lbs off (like this past week). I'm PROUD of the 7 lbs lost! I'm doing about 90 min of cardio 4 - 5 days a week. I know that's not a lot but I am increasing the resistance and pace each week. Considering I went from nothing to something is more important to me then the amount of time (for now, anyway).

I'm married (20 years March) we have two daughters 26 and 13. I had 2 heart attacks and a stroke in 2006 caused by an undiagnosed birth defect. Getting my deficits back has been priority one for a long time. I now can walk and talk but my right arm and hand are still an issue. I've gotten used to doing things one-handed now. Things were pretty rough in te beginning especially since my "bad side" was my dominant side.

I'm loving MFP and would love riens/suport! It's now time to get fit! I can do this and so can you!!!!